• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged this Sunday?

hammer

I'm thinking of going to Ragged with my son this Sunday. We're both low intermediates who have become somewhat comfortable with blue trails at places like Sunapee and Gunstock. I've been trying out some bump trails lately, and my son likes to ski glades if they're not too steep.

Has anyone been there yet this season? If so, how was it?

Also, it looks like they have the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge going on that day. Does that event bring in a lot of crowds?

Thanks for any advice. Planned alternative if Ragged doesn't work out would be Crotched.

Talisman

I've only been to Ragged a handful of times and think there is a good variety of trails when there is decent snow. You should be OK on their blue trails. Ragged has some fun glades that do have one or two steep pitches to access the glades. The steeper spots in the glades are usually scraped clean of anything resembling snow.

I have heard Ragged is only crowded on Mtn Dew days and Jeep Appreciation days back when those went on.

crombie

Given the snow lately, their groomed trails should be pretty good this weekend.

The glades probably won't be so hot (most of them are closed currently), as they still need more snow.

hammer

Thanks for the advice.

With the expected crowds from the Mt. Dew Vertical Challenge, and since I have to get back home on Sunday before dinner, it looks like I'll be headed to Crotched. Their conditions should be great for cruising. :D

Sounds like Ragged would be a good place to go after a dump (of snow, of course!).

awf170

Sunapee would be a real good place to go because i went there thursday and everything was groomed and packed powder they dont have enough snow for the glades yet but no where in southern nh does really yet. So i would reccomend going there.