• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Area Uphill Policies

Jonathan S.

Website
nerandorace.blogspot.com
This list is a little more comprehensive. Although I know it's out of date for Loon at least...

http://www.ussma.org/resort-uphill-policies

How so?
Within a month of the new Loon policy, we updated our list, and that was about a week before your post.
Either way, if you know of one we're missing, don't just complain about in some random forum thread, and instead please let us know so that we can update our list -- we're covering the nation, and have over twice the ski areas in that "adventureskier" list, so we rely extensively on info from other folks (as in just now for the new Cannon policy).

Cannonball

How so?
Within a month of the new Loon policy, we updated our list, and that was about a week before your post.
Either way, if you know of one we're missing, don't just complain about in some random forum thread, and instead please let us know so that we can update our list -- we're covering the nation, and have over twice the ski areas in that "adventureskier" list, so we rely extensively on info from other folks (as in just now for the new Cannon policy).

Me sharing your site with others and citing it as being the "more comprehensive" list can hardly be considered complaining.

I see that you now have a link directly to Loon's site. Before I think you described the policy, which was not consistent with what a Loon patroller had told me the day of my post. Either way, no need to get defensive, you have a great list going and it's much appreciated.

SIKSKIER

Cannon frowns on uphill but most of my uphill friends ascend via Mittersill with no issues.
Since I posted this things have changed.A few weeks ago I was watching Patrol putting new signs an Taft.Later on I skied down to Middle Ravine and saw a few patrol I knew installing more.They were facing down the hil so I figuerd they were posting about no uphill travel being allowed.Wrong.The signs were they marking and uphill route and if you want to use Cannon for uphill you need a $9 uphill ticket.