• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

MEtoVTSkier

I know this isn't in the benedictGomez wheelhouse but
Camden Snow Bowl - receive one all day, any day lift ticket worth $35 for just $17.50

http://wvii4.abc7deals.com/

Pretty good deal on the Saddleback tix on that one too...

YOU WILL RECEIVE A $49 CERTIFICATE FOR $24.50 - TO BE USED FOR LIFT TICKETS ONLY AT APPLICABLE RATES ---- MIDWEEK & SUNDAYS ARE $49 - SATURDAYS & HOLIDAYS $59

BenedictGomez

Looks like this program is back for another season. I enjoyed the discounts last year and will be stopping by the participating dealers in my area!
http://www.skiridefree.com/index.html

And they took my advice by moving into Pennsylvania this year! (not that I'll probably ever use it there).

When I contacted the woman who runs this back in September she asked for recs on how to improve it, and I mentioned they should expand to the Poconos with Shawnee, Camelback, and Blue Mountain (so I'm guessing BM said "no").

I'm noticing that there are fewer gas stations this year though, which will make it harder to use. No gas stations in or near South Burlington or Burlington or St. Albans is a chink in the armor. And I'll need a better "8 gallon strategy", as I used to fill up in

1) Queensbury, NY
2) Fair Haven, VT
3) St. Albans, VT

and of those, only Queensbury is participating this year. Gonna have to find out why so few gas stations are involved. Hopefully the PDF is just a preliminary list. :dontknow:

BenedictGomez

They're giving a free lift ticket if you purchase a Hunter Big Lift Card

Hmmm.... so that would bring midweeks down to $29, pretty darn good. May pull the trigger on that, but does anyone know what Hunter tickets inside 48 hours went for on liftopia last year?

dartmouth01

Groupon discount for Ski Stop @ Canton and Westwood. $25 gets you $50 worth of merch. My gf and I did the Bostondeals.com one last month, and already cashed them in for new boots @ the Westwood location for each of us. Each of the boots were about $50 more there, than online. But basically with the discount we got a really good bootfitting sessions (and future tweakings if necessary) for the same price, so we're really happy. We've never had nice boots before.

I never did check out the prices of merch there though. I need to get some goggles for the gf for christmas, are their prices decent overall? I'm assuming their stuff can't be 100% markup compared to online, so buying goggles for her with the discount should work out better $$ wise. What do you guys think? Also, I'm planning on getting custom soles because I have flat feet, are their custom sole prices good (I think it was $140 normally, if the boot was bought there)?

http://www.groupon.com/ch/grouponicus/deals/gx-ski-stop?c=all&p=4

salsgang

Reminder to enter the drawing for two free adult lift tickets to both Saddleback and Mt. Abram at my blog. Drawing December 17 - winner will have tickets in time for Christmas. See blog post for all the details and how to enter.

mlkrgr

Ended up taking the deal for Cranmore the mall has going. I figured that it would at least make for a good day over there with my brother who seems to like intermediate groomers and I could pair that up with another resort in the area the next day depending on how things go.

With what I'm seeing in deals this year; it looks like I might be on the BSSC ski bus a little more with the few Wednesdays they go to Mount Snow on for $59 to stretch $$ due to the lack of the mall deal also being available for Wildcat.

Last edited: