• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

ScottySkis

Plattekill Mtn in the catskills, Friday February 17 is car load day, the more people in your car the cheaper it is.

JonD

If you buy 4 packages of PopChips at Roche Bros supermarkets, you can email a copy of your receipt and receive a Wachusett lift ticket voucher. I heard this on the radio, haven't investigated myself yet. The question is - are PopChips any good?

mlkrgr

If you buy 4 packages of PopChips at Roche Bros supermarkets, you can email a copy of your receipt and receive a Wachusett lift ticket voucher. I heard this on the radio, haven't investigated myself yet. The question is - are PopChips any good?

Wow; this is a good deal; anywhere I can get the details of this (bag size, where to email to, etc.)? This would be a good deal for me and my friend (especially my friend as he aims to spend as little as possible on each day and he rents skis so he can't spend much on tix or even that much on transit).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Free for a SASE

Free for a SASE*

1. A couple of $10 Liftopia gift cards
  2. A couple of Gunstock $5 off Prime time ticket vouchers (no blackout)
  3. A couple of Gunstock$5 vouchers for $5 off regular price of alpine ticket or full day XC trail pass or all day xc ski and snowshoe rentals
  4. Attitash or Wildcat 20% off Lift ticket or free learn to ski package or free appetizer (blackout dates apply)
  5. Bolton Valley $39 lift ticket, single day, no blackouts,
  6. Bolton , 10% off these rates, $79 early late, $99 peak, $139 holiday, double occupancy PPDO

* You must have been deprived of PBS TV as a child. So sad... Self Addressed Stamped envelope.

Interested? PM ME​

o3jeff

Free for a SASE*

1. A couple of $10 Liftopia gift cards
  2. A couple of Gunstock $5 off Prime time ticket vouchers (no blackout)
  3. A couple of Gunstock$5 vouchers for $5 off regular price of alpine ticket or full day XC trail pass or all day xc ski and snowshoe rentals
  4. Attitash or Wildcat 20% off Lift ticket or free learn to ski package or free appetizer (blackout dates apply)
  5. Bolton Valley $39 lift ticket, single day, no blackouts,
  6. Bolton , 10% off these rates, $79 early late, $99 peak, $139 holiday, double occupancy PPDO

* You must have been deprived of PBS TV as a child. So sad... Self Addressed Stamped envelope.

Interested? PM ME​
You're a good man for offering that to us Mr. Billski!

mlkrgr

You're a good man for offering that to us Mr. Billski!

Same here. Been tough; still have to use a voucher for the ski bus but will also be good for December of '12. But who knows what that'll bring so I'll just try and pick a day I can go (as long as no heavy wind is predicted) regardless of conditions.

jacko1221

not that good. Maybe worth the 8 bucks though, depends on if there are blackouts or not

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Laszlo Vajtay - (co) owner of Plattekill made this offer:

Plattekill-Offer.jpg

Here's a link:

http://www.plattekill.com/winter/blog/229-lift-ticket-deal

TheBEast

I've got a friend looking for any deals on tickets for this Sunday (2/26) at Mount Snow. Anyone know if there are any deals to be had?

jaytrem

I've got a friend looking for any deals on tickets for this Sunday (2/26) at Mount Snow. Anyone know if there are any deals to be had?

The BP 2 for 1s are good this Sunday. If you can't find a gas station that has them you can get them on eaby.

hammer

She said she checked there but apparently not! Thanks. She's just looking for something, even if it's only a few bucks off.
Sometimes the deals appear later...when I checked Gunstock last Saturday in the morning they originally had just a few tickets left but in the afternoon there was no limit posted. I'm guessing the ski areas have the option to allocate more discount tickets real-time...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Not really. Mt. snow offers nothing this w/e and very little in general

You could go for cheaper if you
belonged to an affinity program (such as passport lifestyle offered through employers.) or
Recreation connection
Vt. Travel Card
pathway to Vermont
price chopper

bought a bulk ticket last summer, or can find someone who did (not me).

It's too late to get anything. All of the above offers must be arranged far in advance.

mlkrgr

Not really. Mt. snow offers nothing this w/e and very little in general

You could go for cheaper if you
belonged to an affinity program (such as passport lifestyle offered through employers.) or
Recreation connection
Vt. Travel Card
pathway to Vermont
price chopper

bought a bulk ticket last summer, or can find someone who did (not me).

It's too late to get anything. All of the above offers must be arranged far in advance.

Well, there's a bus that's running there today for $59; wish I could have been on it but I have other stuff to take care of today (and I was w/ my friend at an event called Ruby Riot w/ good ol' Deval speaking til midnight in Boston) but hopefully in 2 weeks when it runs again depending on conditions. Good deal depending on where you live since you get a few bucks off window and you're not worrying about driving or gas costs as they typically cost $67-82 during weekends.

steamboat1

Killington, VT.

Spring is around the corner and so is the snowiest month of the year, March! To celebrate the soft snow, warmer temps and a jam packed lineup of great events, we’re offering the absolute best deal on lift tickets with the 4-Play Pass for just $199! You’ll enjoy four days of skiing and riding with no blackout dates for less than $50 a day starting February 27 through the end of the 2011-12 winter season.

Plus, once you’ve purchased the 4-Play Pass and used your four days of discounted skiing and riding, you can reload your pass with more $49 lift tickets either on Killington’s E-Store or at any open ticket window.

So what are you waiting for, we still have plenty of spring skiing and riding to take advantage of!