• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

nycskier

I just learned the Entertainment Coupon book is available as an app. Instead of buying the book in advance you can just download the app, pay for digital membership and get discounts to all these place:
https://shop.entertainment.com/pages/ski
I just used it this weekend for the 2 for 1 to Campgaw to take my 4 year old skiing. The neat part was I signed up for and bought the app in the morning on my way to the mountain. If you are planning on skiing any of the places on the list its a good, easy savings to consider.

BenedictGomez

Some good deals today for joining Mountain Sports Club. Two Platty tix at $30 each, 4 Shawnee tix at $25 each, etc...

Ticket_deal.gif

chuckstah

Free ski tunes with a donation to local food pantry at Golf and Ski Warehouse. Locations in Greenland, Hudson and West Leb in NH, as well as Scarborough, Me. Don't know how long promo lasts, and can't vouch for the quality of work. I dropped of my rock skis, can't come back any worse I don't suppose? I think you have to sign up for there free rewards card, which offers discounts at some NH resorts as well.

frapcap

Mercedes-Benz Test Drive to Win

Test Drive a Stowe Mountain Resort Mercedes-Benz and receive *two complimentary Stowe Mountain Resort lift tickets while supplies last; valid for the remainder of the 2016 winter season. Four models of Mercedes-Benzes will be provided for participants to test drive through Stowe Mountain Resort and a road course.
Location: The Pavilion building in the Spruce Plaza (Check-in). Test Drives will depart from the round-about adjacent to the Pavilion building and last approx. 15 – 20 mins.
Time: 11am – 3pm
Dates: Saturday, February 20 & Sunday, February 21, 2016
Requirements: Participants must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license that they present upon registration check-in. Participants must sign the Mercedes-Benz waiver form in order to participate. Test Drives are weather dependent. If winter conditions are adverse Test Drives and registrations for that event date will be cancelled.
*Lift ticket vouchers will only be provided for one test drive per household each season. Participants may sign-up to test drive multiple events however they will only receive two lift ticket vouchers in total.
Registration: Click here to register for a Test Drive during the Feb 20 & 21, 2016 events. On-line registration will close when Test Drive time slots have been reserved or by Thursday, February 18th at Noon. A confirmation email will be sent within 48 hours of your reservation.
- See more at: http://www.stowe.com/activities/event/mercedes-benz-test-drive-to-win/#sthash.un0buWUS.dpuf

Test Drive a Stowe Mountain Resort Mercedes-Benz and receive *two complimentary Stowe Mountain Resort lift tickets while supplies last; valid for the remainder of the 2016 winter season. Four models of Mercedes-Benzes will be provided for participants to test drive through Stowe Mountain Resort and a road course.
Location: The Pavilion building in the Spruce Plaza (Check-in). Test Drives will depart from the round-about adjacent to the Pavilion building and last approx. 15 – 20 mins.
Requirements: Participants must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license that they present upon registration check-in. Participants must sign the Mercedes-Benz waiver form in order to participate. Test Drives are weather dependent. If winter conditions are adverse Test Drives and registrations for that event date will be cancelled.
*Lift ticket vouchers will only be provided for one test drive per household each season. Participants may sign-up to test drive multiple events however they will only receive two lift ticket vouchers in total.
Registration: Click here to register for a Test Drive during the Feb 20 & 21, 2016 events. On-line registration will close when Test Drive time slots have been reserved or by Thursday, February 18th at Noon. A confirmation email will be sent within 48 hours of your reservation.
- See more at: http://www.stowe.com/activities/event/mercedes-benz-test-drive-to-win/#sthash.QbVpT3lJ.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.stowe.com/activities/event/mercedes-benz-test-drive-to-win/#sthash.QbVpT3lJ.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.stowe.com/activities/event/mercedes-benz-test-drive-to-win/#sthash.un0buWUS.dpuf

Stowe will give you 2 lift tickets for test driving a Mercedes this upcoming Saturday and Sunday.
http://www.stowe.com/activities/event/mercedes-benz-test-drive-to-win/

**EDIT** Sorry for the triple post, for some reason I can't see the words of what I pasted.

Last edited:

frapcap

**EDIT** Sorry for the triple post, for some reason I can't see the words of what I pasted.
EDIT EDIT- Jesus, the message board isn't working at all on my browser today.

BenedictGomez

Well I nailed this prediction.

Don't know for how long this has been lowered, but they slashed the price to $125. Decent deal if you can get to 3 mountains now, awesome deal if you can get to 4 or more.

Ironically I still wont be buying it now even though it's my favorite " SOTC deal", because it's almost February now, and I had to plan on the season without it and loaded up on too many other bargains, BOGOs, and deals.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/good-deals/cards

Complete capitulation.

Down to $75 now, with 102 remaining. Great deal........for some.

The irony is, with only a touch over 1 month left in the ski season, I'm already sitting on more expiring vouchers/deals than I can possibly use.

Jcb890

Complete capitulation.

Down to $75 now, with 102 remaining. Great deal........for some.

The irony is, with only a touch over 1 month left in the ski season, I'm already sitting on more expiring vouchers/deals than I can possibly use.

What did they expect to happen when they removed one of the most popular mountains as part of the deal and raised the price as well? That was just a poor idea and execution on their part to begin with.

I myself have 2 of the Ski VT 3-packs without any of the passes used... I did not expect to be sitting here in the middle of February with none of them used and wondering when/how I can use them. Ugh.

yeggous

What did they expect to happen when they removed one of the most popular mountains as part of the deal and raised the price as well? That was just a poor idea and execution on their part to begin with.

I myself have 2 of the Ski VT 3-packs without any of the passes used... I did not expect to be sitting here in the middle of February with none of them used and wondering when/how I can use them. Ugh.

I get caught in the same trap every year. 3 weekends of mid-season blackouts are killer. Damn ski Vermont. They don't pull this with NH and ME vouchers.

dlague

Here is a more direct link - http://wfff.halfoffdeals.com/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&h=6032796

That is a very good deal - Even if you use 2 at let's say Cannon and Qburke that comes to $37.50 per day use 3 then it averages to $25 use 4 then you are down to $18.75. I, however, am in the same boat as Jcb890 - where I have Ski 3 Passes and other vouchers that I am going to have to work hard at burning in March - hope the weather works with us!

KustyTheKlown

this will make it easier to sell some friends on a few trips. but yea, i have vouchers and max pass days coming out my eyes.