• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sundown sloppy seconds 12/20

2knees

went out tonight with my bro, the once a year skier. bumps were good, lots of nasty ice in the troughs but soft(ish) faces. ran into jarrod, who apparently got run into a few times by the many gapers out today.

I've never seen so many rear entry boots as i did tonight. It was incredible.

my brother actually humbled me big time. he skied once last year, once the year before that and zero times 3 years ago. tonight was his first and probably last day on skis for this year. First run to last, noreaster bumps to temptor bumps. He even went over and hit the big line a few times. he never crashed and while it wasnt pretty, he did top to bottom without stopping every time except for the first few runs.

btw, there was a nasty spot about 5 bumps in that got me a few times. a few random guys showed up later who were pretty good and like clockwork, they ALL bailed in the same spot.

anyway heres a couple of runs from tonight.

Greg

Staff member
Glad you got out. Despite all the powder, those bumps need some tacky manmade blown in to coat the scrape. 4-8" today. Hopefully, they can avoid any mixing again.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I wish I could get my brother out once a season. We grew up skiing together but now, it's just not a priority in his life. All he would have to do is show up, I'd cover his expenses. Oh well, good memories.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wish I could get my brother out once a season. We grew up skiing together but now, it's just not a priority in his life. All he would have to do is show up, I'd cover his expenses. Oh well, good memories.

I feel the same way. Though, I didn't really grow up skiing with my brother. He's eight years older than I and we started at the same time, I was 8, he was 16. He skied with the family for the rest of high school and about 6-8 days a year after until he was about 23. He lived in Colorado from 21-28 where it's pretty cheap for locals, but didn't go. Now he lives a half hour from Killington. He's one of those folks that looks at skiing as too expensive, but when we go out to see a band, we easily spend more money on tickets, eating and drinking then when I spend a day on the slopes. It would be nice to have an outdoor winter activity to share together, even for only a couple of days a season.