• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thats a lot of snow!

awf170

Look at the pic from snowbird today :blink:
100.jpg

Now alta on the other hand there not looking to good :wink:
0610a05.jpg

Treeliner

Yeah it's amazing; Snowbird and Mammoth are both staying open until July 4th this year (open only on the weekends). Lift serviced skiing at a resort in..the summer?! :lol:

tirolerpeter

Snowbird & Alta

These pictures are the PRIMARY reason (among a few other good reasons) why I am selling my house on LI next spring and moving to the Salt Lake City region. They had decent skiable conditions by late September last year, and it looks like there might still be some skiable conditions into the beginning of July this year. The idea of not leaving home, and skiing in 11 out of 12 months (at least in part) of the year definitely tickles my fancy!

GadgetRick

Website
www.rickandedith.com
Tahoe Area

When I was out in Tahoe about 2 months ago (end of April) the resorts had a TON of snow yet. I was amazed at the amount of snow they still had.

In fact, we skied Kirkwood a couple of days and I checked out a snow report. As of that time they had received anywhere from 622 inches to 796 inches! And they received a couple of inches the one day we skied there and there was supposed to be another storm coming through.

Those totals are AMAZING...

I'm working to buy a house out in that area so, when I retire, I can spend my winters skiing. :)