• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Alaska Experiment

drjeff

ERJ-145CA

Like Dr. Jeff said, it was OK. NJ was well represented with 3 people, 2 of them from Mahwah, I wonder if they ski Campgaw.

drjeff

Like Dr. Jeff said, it was OK. NJ was well represented with 3 people, 2 of them from Mahwah, I wonder if they ski Campgaw.

The part that really started to wear on me was how each teams segment always seemed to start Bears. I realize that they're a way of life in Alaska, but if each segment all series long is going to start out this way, I may very well be done with the show after next week's episode.

Greg

Staff member
Still diggin' this show and Deadliest Catch. We have a ton of episodes on our TiVo to watch.

drjeff

Still diggin' this show and Deadliest Catch. We have a ton of episodes on our TiVo to watch.

This past weeks Deadliest Catch episode was really cool IMHO. Some serious wave action going on in that one. Thank god the water on the Hudson River right now is glassy smooth. If it was as rough here as it was in that episode, I'd probably be leaning over the rail of the boat I'm on :puke:

Greg

Staff member
Anyone get Discovery HD? We don't; we only get the HD Theatre, but I would love to watch Deadliest in high def.

drjeff

Anyone get Discovery HD? We don't; we only get the HD Theatre, but I would love to watch Deadliest in high def.

It's really cool in HD, especially the overhead and chase boat shots of the fleet blasting through the big seas!

ccskier

The father and daughter team were a joke, looks as though they had a sunday stroll out while the others risked their lives. waaaaahhhh those two girls had 40lb packs, the ladies on the other team had 80+.

The father and daughter team were a joke, looks as though they had a sunday stroll out while the others risked their lives. waaaaahhhh those two girls had 40lb packs, the ladies on the other team had 80+.

Yeah the fat daughter was bitching about how they only had Salmon and mashed potatoes to eat..boo hoo..I paid 20 bucks for that in a restaurant the other day..lol...

AndyZee would be rocking a 100 pound pack..but he would also be plugging his Mount Washington 2011..trip..;lol

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sometimes I really miss Discovery channel.... But then again, I used to watch too much TV anyway. I find I get a lot more done without it. (Although the internet can be as much of a time-waster... :oops:)

Sometimes I really miss Discovery channel.... But then again, I used to watch too much TV anyway. I find I get a lot more done without it. (Although the internet can be as much of a time-waster... :oops:)

Isn't Discover part of basic cable? I've been watching Man vs Wild alot as well..I love Reality TV