• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

jack97

Yeah, I got owned. Wrote that around 8:00 am... the brain is on cruise control. The juices start flowing around 9:00 when I looking for a line.

Damn thinking about that is making for a long spring, summer and fall :(

awf170

More likely...

bump skiers follow other peoples turns because than can.

Rad... I'm going to go do some meth since everyone else is doing it. Maybe I'll just make some since I have a nice big room with no real purpose, and plenty of free time.

BTW: Only one day left in the season for you lazy-ass EC bump skiers. Better start driving towards Sugarloaf right about now or your season is going to be over. Haha!

cbcbd

More likely...

bump skiers follow other peoples turns because than can.
So you're saying that bump skiers will follow me on a corniced-entrance-to-50-degree line? I hope not... for huge backcountry safety moguls I got to Tuckerman... Nothing like a huge hump of snow to take the edge off a 40+ degree slope.

bump skiers are just afraid they might get going too fast down steep terrain...

Conversation with John Egan the Saturday after 07's Valentine day storm:

Me-"Where is all the steep terrain? All the runs are bump runs except for the top section of Organgrinder which gave a few nice uninterrupted turns"
JE-"The steep runs are there, you just have to get to them before everyone else does... or else it gets bumped"

...exactly.

Nice steep runs that get bumped up are like Pamela Anderson... she was much more attractive before she got all used up.

next?

highpeaksdrifter

It's you Greg, you drive me nuts. You're not arrogant in the least, but your obsession with bumps is becoming chronic. You’re the guy at the lunch table who everyday talks about his golf game until people’s eyes glaze over, but he doesn’t get it.

If someone threads about powder skiing, your take will be something like “That powder is going to form great bumps.” A thread about fat skis is sure to have a reply about bump skis from you. You never have a thread about how the skiing is at a certain mountain it’s always how’s the bumps there?

I like skiing bumps and have been at it for a long time, but there are a lot of other aspects to the sport I like too.

I use to think you where a one trick pony, but you’ve somehow gone beyond that. In closing, you are a sick, sick man, get help cause you’ve gone over the edge.

KS75060.jpg

jack97

So you're saying that bump skiers will follow me on a corniced-entrance-to-50-degree line? I hope not... for huge backcountry safety moguls I got to Tuckerman... Nothing like a huge hump of snow to take the edge off a 40+ degree slope.

bump skiers are just afraid they might get going too fast down steep terrain...

A bump skier wouldn't be following you unless there some bumps to be sampled .....

Got to turn, otherwise we're talking about this
image-2006-4-18-62449.jpg

Rad... I'm going to go do some meth since everyone else is doing it. Maybe I'll just make some since I have a nice big room with no real purpose, and plenty of free time.

!

Hook a brother up..I haven't done crank in like 4 years..

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Dang, those guys, or gals look cute as they wiggle their lil butts. However, I don't see them in areas like this, guess they just ain't gotz the ballz.

Now, the guys at Tux may have fallen but let's take a look at what they were jumping from:

normal_P1010087.JPG

Last edited:

awf170

mondeo

So what I see is...

slow, slow slow slow, jump and turn, slow, slow slow slow, jump and turn

and

back and forth, back and forth, drop and fall. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Dropping != skiing. I don't care if you're dropping off the Burj Dubai, if you aren't skiing up, dropping, AND skiing away, who cares?

And if the presence of a few rock outcroppings means you have to go 5mph, I'll pass.

awf170

So what I see is...

slow, slow slow slow, jump and turn, slow, slow slow slow, jump and turn

and

back and forth, back and forth, drop and fall. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Dropping != skiing. I don't care if you're dropping off the Burj Dubai, if you aren't skiing up, dropping, AND skiing away, who cares?

And if the presence of a few rock outcroppings means you have to go 5mph, I'll pass.

Yep... we never go fast. Here's a pic of cbcbd probably doing close to 40mph in the backcountry.

00147a.jpg

snoseek

Mogul skiers are kind of weird to me. They like to do the same thing over and over.... seems kind of boring to me. Even though they are freaky obsessive-compulsive left brained perfection artist they are probably the best skiers on the hill. period.

Any good skier in the backcountry has probably spent years and years at the resort and just got sick of all the b.s. Hiking for turns is the best feeling as you can get to terrain that is pristine and there are no rules and few people. Skiing natural untracked trees is awesome, the way skiing was meant to be. As Challenging as mogul skiing is it's a manufactured experience with patrol ready to haul you away, paid parking ect.... I also can't stand self-righteous b.c. people, there seems to be a lot out here and tons at places like tucks. It's o.k. to ski solo really.