• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

drjeff

Sometimes I'm guessing. But since they're not full fledged kneepads, they're only for occasional use. The rest of the time...

Well, let's look at a bump skier in training for a sec..

JeanChristopheBott4.jpg

Looks to be like perhaps arsepads may be useful as well.

On second glance, I'm wondering if this is a picture of an epic ski instructor on one of their outings with a typical epic ski member :blink:

2knees

On second glance, I'm wondering if this is a picture of an epic ski instructor on one of their outings with a typical epic ski member :blink:

looks to me like he slipped her a roofie.

drjeff

looks to me like he slipped her a roofie.

But what would his pick up line be...... "hey baby, do you want me to show you my short, fat ski" or "hey baby, how about checking out my old school long thin board?" or my personal guess .... "Do you have a brother?" :eek: ;)

Wow this thread is doing wonders for my post total number .. Where is GSS? Out delivering rocks again? And he had to go to college even to do that ...

Hahaha..well I when I went to college I figured I'd be making the big bucks on wall street but if that was the case I wouldn't get to ski as much..If I didn't go to college I have no idea what I would have done those 4-years..probably worked at Wendys or something..would you like fries with that..

He has to.. They have to make sure the Alzheimer's meds won't interact with anything he may be taking for the ED..

hahahah..when you get as old as OldSnowboarderMaine..it's like being permanently stoned..lots of short term memory loss.."What was I just saying??

drjeff

hahahah..when you get as old as OldSnowboarderMaine..it's like being permanently stoned..lots of short term memory loss.."What was I just saying??

I just want to own stock in the drug company that comes up with the combo cholesterol/ED/Alzhiemer's/Hair loss pill. Then you'd look good enough to use it, be fit enough to use it, be able to use it and remember how to use it!

jack97

Pretty lame when an admin has to start a flaming thread to boost posts. :lol:

Therapy...... relates to dealing with season ending; shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression......

I'm still in the shock stage, I can't believe its spring.... maybe it's the hit I took on that icy bump.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
That would infer HE actually posts there.. :-

One of my last posts, 10/12/07 :):

Hawkeye said:
Where is everybody?
Sh*t, I don't even post here anymore. If I didn't have email alerts telling me that you replied to this thread, no telling when I would have seen this :)

You think I could start a http://www.nelsap.org/ for forums?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I was staying out of this silliness. But I can't resist tossing this one off: Who else is going skiing this coming Sunday besides me? Just wanted a show of hands regarding who is still skiing. Bump skiers take note: Hillman's and Left Gully have lots of bumps. Which is why I may be avoiding them.

In all seriousness, I would like to hear from bump skiers that have skied serious steep terrain such as Tuckerman Ravine and other such Mount Washington gullies that are consistently between 35-40 degrees almost the entire route and in many cases steeper. I would like to hear from bump skiers who have done so and whether they prefer skiing that type of pitch with or without moguls. Bumps are cool but it is all about the right time and the right place. If you haven't carved huge high speed arcs down a 35-40 degree gully, you just wouldn't understand :D

snoseek

I'm with riv. in saying a really steep slope without bumps is as good as it gets. White Heat or O.L. after grooming don't count. You almost have to get into b.c. to even get that kind of slope. That experience is worth the hike right there.

And yes I will be earning turns this weekend. This morning I skinned up mary jane and skied some really steep stuff that would normally be wall to wall moguls and it skied incredible.