• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Dreaded "Closing" Thread: 2023-2024

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not a fun time of year for anyone.

Camden Snowbowl is saying that they are done.

Tenney is saying tomorrow is it for them (3.9.2024)

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

In PA, Liberty, Whitetail and Roundtop are done after this weekend.

Just got in what I expect to be my last day at JFrost today.

A real nice day, but thin enough that I would not be surprised if the rain forecast for Sat-Sun makes this their last weekend too.

thetrailboss

Staff member
What a shame Tenney is a fun little mountain ! only the triple is running tomorrow . Managed to get 4 saturdays there this year. Will be back for sure
I was surprised that they are done with an imminent snowstorm that may be significant. Perhaps a temporary closure would have been better.

drjeff

I was surprised that they are done with an imminent snowstorm that may be significant. Perhaps a temporary closure would have been better.
Some wet, elevation dependent slop, with warm temps coming back behind it, won't do much to make it worthwhile to attempt to stay open in reality.

See Magic's social media for what their ops crew and patrol were doing today to get Talisman open for the weekend, and they said even after their herculean efforts at moving snow, there still will be gaps, some up to 200ft long in the trail

abc

Shoot! There goes my plan to check out some lessor known mountains next week. (Tenny and Dartmouth both closing this weekend)

machski

May be, key words. This is a borderline storm, very elevation dependant as well as track. A slight shift East or South and snow totals likely climb but a slight jog the other ways and well........

NYDB

for the southern areas (like south of K and Tenney) even 12'' from this weekends storm is going to melt out by the time next weekend rolls around.

Dickc

Ski Bradford done for the season as well as McIntyre in Manchester NH. McIntyre normally runs until the end of the month.

JDMRoma

for the southern areas (like south of K and Tenney) even 12'' from this weekends storm is going to melt out by the time next weekend rolls around.
Tenney is saying they are opening for one final weekend, we'll see !

if they run the hornet im there !

jimmywilson69

south central PA places closed last weekend. never winter down here, despite beating our average snowfall. It was just spring in between. Even 7 Springs out in the Laurel Highlands is likely done after this weekend. They too never had long stretches of cold. Also very little lake effect snow. Its like the wind doesn't blow from the northwest anymore out there...