• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The most dreaded thread of the year.... The Closing thread......

skimagic

Thunder Ridge shooting for re-opening Friday-Sunday this week but my personal opinion is I don't think it's happening. Blew a crapton of snow but Ma Nature always has the final say! The base goes f-a-s-t once we hit March as the hill faces directly West. But late March is still incredibly impressive given St. Patty's used to be the target. I only heard of them making April once from someone who's been there 45+ years.
Thunder Ridge has called it quits. Mohawk was shooting for this weekend also, but didn't make it...

PAabe

Camelback will not open this weekend despite webcam seemingly showing decent coverage and it is flurrying there today with good weekend weather forecasted. Classic move.
7 Springs might be last in PA this year.

Domeskier

Camelback will not open this weekend despite webcam seemingly showing decent coverage and it is flurrying there today with good weekend weather forecasted. Classic move.
Yeah, that was disappointing. I checked their webcam this morning and was sure they'd open on last weekend.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Ontario new lockdown is shutting down ski areas again. Some ski resorts had this confirmed today. Lockdown takes effect at midnight; Blue Mountain has decided to spin until midnight.

Here is the other definite list of closures across the East from Labrador to the Manitoba all the way down to Alabama.

Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Depressing? – Part 1

JimG.

Staff member
Belleayre closing Tuesday
Just saw that pretty amazing. I went yesterday and the snow loss from Tuesday was dramatic.

I figured today would be it and I just wasn't up for semi soft snow on top of ice. Pretty cold out there today.

But maybe tomorrow as temps trend higher.

tnt1234

We were there Saturday and had a blasts. Never got soft up on the top head walls but we were just enjoying the sun...could have skied today but decided why bother? All good. Great season. Done. Ski rack off bike rack on.

JimG.

Staff member
We were there Saturday and had a blasts. Never got soft up on the top head walls but we were just enjoying the sun...could have skied today but decided why bother? All good. Great season. Done. Ski rack off bike rack on.
I hear you the trout are calling my name but I'll go to Belle Tuesday.

Mum skier

We just had an awesome three days at Sunday River. Got very soft today but still great coverage especially away from the central heavily trafficked areas.
Now the “ski in” at the Grand Summit was becoming a bit marginal.....but some mud skiing and dodging bare patches is all part of April skiing.
I just wish this was 2 hrs from Boston not 3.

Teleskier

Friggin full blown winter at Stowe this weekend.
It was colder than I expected too... though it did warm up during the day. This week up there will be July temps! Can't see how the snow can last in those temps and never going below freezing for a whole week. At least there's no rain, but the sun will be intense.

kingslug

Might be done for this weekend.
But the weather forecasts never really match what really goes on up there. Last year we had to leave as you couldn't see anything.

MG Skier

Yeah, the dirt was starting to show on major trails between the Bonnie and Jet. Much of the new snow was gone on the wide open trails. However the trails that had significant snow making had quite a bit of snowpack left. I’d like to go back up but I think it will take a miracle snow storm for that to happen. The difference between Saturday to Sunday was very noticeable. I hope I am wrong, only two days up there for me this year, I’m usually good for 4-8

machski

We just had an awesome three days at Sunday River. Got very soft today but still great coverage especially away from the central heavily trafficked areas.
Now the “ski in” at the Grand Summit was becoming a bit marginal.....but some mud skiing and dodging bare patches is all part of April skiing.
I just wish this was 2 hrs from Boston not 3.
All of White Cap's final day was yesterday, just making it to the planned last day works I guess.

sull1102

Looks like Loon is going to push for the 18th according to their lift ticket calendar. Snow report hasn’t mentioned Sunday as being the end either so holding out hope after three amazing days up there Wednesday through today.