• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

KustyTheKlown

def saw some people hoofin it to lot c on my way out at 3:45. yesterday was basically a bell to bell for me. they spun black at 8:40. i got to my car to change at 3:30. would have gone past 4 but was conscious of getting home. i woke up at 3:30 AM sunday morning, got to magic at about 8 AM, got home at 7:45 PM, was snoring at 8:45 PM. almost snored on I-87.

never stopped/went indoors. nice long breaks on those slow old chairs, but they serve 1500 vertical of heat.

slatham

Rusty you still have a great eye with the camera. Great to see Do Work in his powder reds. Sorry I missed you guys out on the Mountain.

KustyTheKlown

lol is that do work? i noticed dude in all red gear with green magic sticker riding worth skis. super cool micro brand from vermont that didnt make it. but i loved the worth ski vibe.

letitsnow1

The mountain can handle more skiers but the parking can't. Is it possible for them to expand b or c lots?
I'm guessing it would take years with act 250 ect

Last edited:

ne_skier

Lot C in practice would be easy enough to trim out. It's not an open field like B. Just taking out the trees down the middle could add some more spaces. How many are squeezing into the Dostal's lot these days? Someone's got to save that place.

KustyTheKlown

glad you guys had a great day!

only one magic day for me this season and i am glad i picked a good one

maybe will return for some slush bumpin in april if this snow holds for a couple weeks

slatham

Lot C in practice would be easy enough to trim out. It's not an open field like B. Just taking out the trees down the middle could add some more spaces. How many are squeezing into the Dostal's lot these days? Someone's got to save that place.

Lot C trees in middle removed this past summer. There is a small spot behind Lot B that was semi cleared before and more so now after pond work and new water pipe from pond. Not sure they could use it.

Have they ever “Parked out”? I guess that’s a first world problem if it were to happen. But yes that could be a binding constraint to more ticket sales.

doublediamond

What’s with the semi-mowed field between the snowmaking pond and Lot C? Is that able to be made into parking?

MidnightJester

Magic is looking like a Tasty option next week for this upcoming late Mid-week storm. Will magic open any weekday for powder if they get more then?? How many inches??

Its looking like Thursday and Friday could be well into the 6"plus each day before the Eclipse weekend possibly more each day.

JoeB-Z

Its 6+ inches of new snow to open. I think staffing could be an issue though, Rather nice today and it will stay that way over the weekend.

MidnightJester

Its 6+ inches of new snow to open. I think staffing could be an issue though, Rather nice today and it will stay that way over the weekend.
Even if they were close to 6" you would think they could pick up a few ticket sales on Thursday and Friday from some of the early Eclipse weekend people coming up. If this storm preforms they might even get another weekend or more out of the extra Snow.

drjeff

Need more snow! Was looking like chocolate chip ice cream while heading down 100 this afternoon

chuckstah

6 inches and 50 percent open. Not sure if that would be the case next week. I'd love to get in another midweek day if it happens. Lower mountain nats were basically done today.

slatham

Geoff has already put out there the high possibility of being open Thursday and Friday. IF storm materializes as expected. As of Saturday morning it’s looking good.

Technical rule for pow day is 6” by open, 50% of terrain available. Thursday should qualify. Friday will be a bonus “bridge” day to the final weekend.

Figures in this up-side-down winter that first true pow day would be in April during last week of season. Better late than never……

Last edited: