• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Star Wars Thread!!

Bostonian

Okay I didn't see any thread up for this, so here it is - the official unofficial star wars thread. Tonight at 9:45 I am seeing the new movie and I am excited as all can be!

Who else here is a fan?

dlague

Okay I didn't see any thread up for this, so here it is - the official unofficial star wars thread. Tonight at 9:45 I am seeing the new movie and I am excited as all can be!

Who else here is a fan?

Not a fan per se - but will probably see it, just because. Not sure when!

drjeff

If this weather stays as un-winterlike as it has been, I may have plenty of unexpected weekend/vacation free time on my hands in the next couple of weeks and see it. Otherwise I'll likely be waiting until it's out on Blu-ray

Edd

It's a good excuse to go see a film in IMAX 3D.

Even though, Star Trek > Star Wars. 🖖

Edd

Classic pre JJ Abrams Trek that is

I was comparing the franchises as a whole. I'm barely factoring in the Abrams films, but even those are so much better than the last SW trilogy that it's not even a conversation, IMO.

ScottySkis

As I child in the 7os I loved the original and still love watching those classics . The last one were such disappointed so I hope this one is good. Probably wait for to come out on cable box rental so I drink and watch without huge expensive. Anyone who sees a review not spoiler would be much appreciated. Enjoy the movie.

But if I due recommends Middletown NY discount cinamea for seeing this movie always less then crowded Galleria.
http://www.newmiddletowncinemas.com...d=Star_Wars_Episode_VII__The_Force_Awakens_3D

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Seeing it tonight at 7. I will not spoil it for anyone!

Please post a yes or no answer to this question . There's speculation Luke goes over to the Dark side , since hes not on any posters. Thats enough for me not to bother.
I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the marketing everywhere anyway .

hammer

Please post a yes or no answer to this question . There's speculation Luke goes over to the Dark side , since hes not on any posters. Thats enough for me not to bother.
I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the marketing everywhere anyway .
Maybe he can PM you with the answer...I'd rather wait until seeing the movie to find out.

Not going right away but definitely want to make it to the theater in the next few weeks.

steamboat1

Doubt I'll see it anytime soon. Haven't been to the movies in over a decade despite the fact I have a free pass. The local theater leases part of our land, pass is a perk.

ScottySkis

No give way s just a quick roeview like it better then the last 3 horrible ones enjoy and hope it is fantastic.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Well the last trilogy was well pretty terrible

I saw 4 (1?) And didn't bother with the other two.

Such a let down, which I think in part had to do with my expectations being set too high. Being born in 75, Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood. When it came back it just wasn't the same. It had jumped the shark.

prsboogie

Just go out and have to say I liked it. There are some great cinematography and these guys can actually act, unlike Hayden Christianson and Natalie Portman. God they were aweful. Great to see the geriatric Han and Leia, nestalgia with enough to make me want more. My 7 and 9 yo loved it too. Different perspective for them, they liked this better than any one the original 6.

Siliconebobsquarepants - NO

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Just go out and have to say I liked it. There are some great cinematography and these guys can actually act, unlike Hayden Christianson and Natalie Portman. God they were aweful. Great to see the geriatric Han and Leia, nestalgia with enough to make me want more. My 7 and 9 yo loved it too. Different perspective for them, they liked this better than any one the original 6.

Siliconebobsquarepants - NO

Thanks, I'll end up there sometime , Also liked the first Independence day.

BillyGoat

It was excellent. They made good choices for the heroine... Unsure of the nemesis, he was ok, but all are clearly chosen for 5-6 episodes. We'll see how he develops. They brought back the witty dialog that was a Han Solo trademark and transferred it. The origins of the current conflict is a bit murky, but who cares! It's Star Wars done right!