• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

How is the rest of the Pod looking coverage wise outside of Steins? Solid enough to make it through the weekend? Or do you think they will lose a few more
The nights have been cool so the snow has set up. Upper and Lower Snowball, Racer’s Edge, Spring Fling, Murphy’s, Upper upper Birdland and Lower Organgrinder have good snow pack and ski well. Groomer’s have been creamy first thing but get heavy. Stein’s, Coffee Run, Snowball and Spring Fling will definitely hold up for the weekend. Warmer today and rain tomorrow, but there is still a chance the others can be pieced together. The groomers can work magic pushing snow around.

Hawk

I took off last week to do some much needed mountain biking. Trails and conditions are excellent and I needed to get some good, hard miles in. Looks like Saturady will be sunny and warm. Maybe a 3 dayer is in store. Pics look nice. I guess I am not ready to throw in the towel. ;-)

mikec142

I rarely ski past early April so I don't know what it's supposed to look like end of season, but looking at the Allyn's Lodge webcam. The drop from the top of Super Bravo down to Downspout looks pretty grim. Will they push snow around or will it be Valley House from now on? Also, the camera from the Gate House Lodge shows Spring Fling as kinda grim as well.

tumbler

I actually think they look pretty good for April 25th. It's not the middle of January. They will push snow around but could see it just being VH going forward, you'll only be missing LOG, Murphy's and Birdland if they go VH only.

cdskier

Keep in mind they were closed the past 2 days, so they haven't done any work on the snow surface since Monday night. It is amazing how crappy it can look at the end of one day and then how much better it looks after the groomers work their magic the next.

mikec142

Keep in mind they were closed the past 2 days, so they haven't done any work on the snow surface since Monday night. It is amazing how crappy it can look at the end of one day and then how much better it looks after the groomers work their magic the next.
I figured this was part of it.

I wish I could get up there one more time this season, but it's not in the cards.

SteezyRob

I actually think they look pretty good for April 25th. It's not the middle of January. They will push snow around but could see it just being VH going forward, you'll only be missing LOG, Murphy's and Birdland if they go VH only.
so the only good trails? lol. will prolly poach bcus spring fling is a crap trail and the novelty of skiing a double black diamond has worn off for me.

teleo

With sat weather forcast sunny and 50, what are the chances they find a band to play in the plaza?
Used to happen. Would think the extra beer sales would more than cover the cost.

tumbler

Probably a band next weekend would be my guess. Beer and food selection will be limited, they are just trying to clear out inventory right now.

Hawk

You have plenty of time to bike not so when it comes to being on snow……
Well I can do both. I had an oportunity to ride with a grop of friends I have not seen in years. I also got to plant my potatoes and other spring crops. Saw an awesome local Dead band and have a bunch of fun. So not a bad trade off at all.

cdskier

Looks like they plan on giving Stein's a reset tonight (or at least I'm fairly certain that symbol wasn't there earlier today):
1714161424452.png

pinnoke

Looks like they plan on giving Stein's a reset tonight (or at least I'm fairly certain that symbol wasn't there earlier today):
View attachment 62742
It was indeed groomed ahead of TODAY. First groom a little chunky, but still very enjoyable and relatively flat. A second groom tonight should make for nice turns, once again, tomorrow. PLENTY of snow on Stein's for sure! Spring Fling also well covered. Everything else that's still open is noticeably thin; and holding on to last gasps.

Attachments

• IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

cdskier

It was indeed groomed ahead of TODAY. First groom a little chunky, but still very enjoyable and relatively flat. A second groom tonight should make for nice turns, once again, tomorrow. PLENTY of snow on Stein's for sure! Spring Fling also well covered. Everything else that's still open is noticeably thin; and holding on to last gasps.

They've been lax about updating the report lately (and even mention they don't plan to update it often) so possible it just wasn't updated earlier today when I looked. (Also a super odd decision to point blank announce they're not updating the report much. Is this something that really is that difficult to do even if their regular snow reporter is done for the season?)

pinnoke

They've been lax about updating the report lately (and even mention they don't plan to update it often) so possible it just wasn't updated earlier today when I looked. (Also a super odd decision to point blank announce they're not updating the report much. Is this something that really is that difficult to do even if their regular snow reporter is done for the season?)
I looked, too (last night and a little after 9am today)...no groomer graphic. But, I got a text from a friend who arrived at LP about 9:45 indicating it WAS groomed.