• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Too much of a good thing?

pcampbell

I think I'd ski all year given the chance. I get sad when the last bit of snow melts.
The closest thing I have to skiing is riding my bike up and back down the ski hill in the summer..... NOT anywhere near as fun!!! I'm thinking of taking up flying.

on any given day, I do get pretty tired, after 4 hours non-stop unless conditions are great. whether it is mental or physical, I don't know....

Last edited:

boston_e

I don't think I could ever get sick of skiing... Unfortunately, while I have gotten out more this season than the last two, my wife doesn't ski and I still have a 3 year old at home. I am hoping next year to get him into ski school at gunstock, I want him to really love the sport as much as I do. I may be far from a good skier, but I do have a lot of fun out there and cannot wait for the day with my little boy will be on his skis with me.

No doubt. Not much better than seeing your kids get the skiing bug.

Regarding the question of this thread: I don't think I'd ever get sick of skiing, but I also equally enjoy the summertime activities. Surfing, Mt Biking and Boating / Fishing are awesome too!

Bumpsis

Back in college I had a season when I was feeling rather apathetic and losing interest in skiing, but that was mostly due to being limited to skiing a small ski area south of Buffalo, NY called Kissing Bridge. Univeristy of Buffalo had a ski club that went there couple of times a week for night skiing and that was the only skiing that I could get to. Yeah, it got a bit montonous. What probably contributed to the ski ennui was my less than happy state of mind that year.

The year after, I was able to go on the club's outings to Holliday Valley which was on Friday nights. Better area and it being Friday night, also served as a nice time for a party. The drinking age back then was 18 :)
Ahhh, youth, women, Genny Cream Ale :)

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Slight deviation from topic: never thought I'd put "too much" and "snow" in the same sentence. During a single storm, got close to 15' of snow at the bottom and, who knows how much on top. My job as a ski tech at Kirkwood was stopped for a week-long closure of the resort. Took that long to dig out lifts and, clear parking lots.