• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tucks Accident

SkiingInABlueDream

IDK, the skier in that last video looks like he knows pretty well where he's going. Didn't point himself anywhere near the hole the other guy fell into. Not saying it was a good idea but at least... less stupid🤷‍♂️

deadheadskier

Staff member
IDK, the skier in that last video looks like he knows pretty well where he's going. Didn't point himself anywhere near the hole the other guy fell into. Not saying it was a good idea but at least... less stupid🤷‍♂️

Less stupid, but still extremely dumb. I wouldn't ski anywhere near those waterfalls. They're undermining the snow pack in that entire area. The jumper could have easily punched through

Smellytele

When I was up there last year saw 2 guys 10 minutes apart come over the lip take 2 turns and cart wheel down the rest of the way. 1 broke both his legs and they were flopping around and the other only broke 1 leg.

BodeMiller1

I've been snowboarding Tux's pretty much annually for the last 12 years or so. This scene is pretty standard in the spring and it can be pretty scary. Heck one of the first years I went up there I saw 3 guys hike and ski the lip butt naked.
A lot of people treat Tux's like they're skiing Wildcat instead of a true backcountry zone. The weather and snow bring out the most overconfident skiers/riders who think they can send anything. And this past Saturday was probably the perfect storm for Tux. Probably the best weather and conditions on a Saturday since before covid. So you had EVERYONE there trying to get after it. This crash was peak stupidity though and we're lucky the photos and videos aren't of someone's last moments.
Is there a record of the Disembowler sending it.? He would most likely be screaming Rack It the whole time. One of the guys I hung out with in High School went off the headwall on an intertube. He was from Berlin.
Meow

SkiingInABlueDream

Is there a record of the Disembowler sending it.? He would most likely be screaming Rack It the whole time. One of the guys I hung out with in High School went off the headwall on an intertube. He was from Berlin.
Meow
Ahhhh the Dis😅 That video from Greg on the chair with him at Sundown was priceless. Looks like it's not on the AZ youtube channel which is not a huge surprise but still😕

2Planker

When I was up there last year saw 2 guys 10 minutes apart come over the lip take 2 turns and cart wheel down the rest of the way. 1 broke both his legs and they were flopping around and the other only broke 1 leg.
I was on the rescue crew that dragged both those sorry asses outta there.
The 2Fx (Femur & compound TibFib) dude was LifeFlighted to Maine Med where he spent a week

BodeMiller1

Ahhhh the Dis😅 That video from Greg on the chair with him at Sundown was priceless. Looks like it's not on the AZ youtube channel which is not a huge surprise but still😕
Heee Hee, I can't find it. Not sure if it's still on K-Zone, butt that was some very funny stuff.

Smellytele

Reactions: Edd

eatskisleep

BodeMiller1

🤦🏻‍♂️Vimeo, not Venmo, is the video service.
That's what I thought. I'm let's look closer... Is it possible The Dis took the Video down because the ski world was tooling on him? Or is there more going on here?
The ski world may never know.

Wow, the footage of this close call is Gaining momentom. This guy is famous. Butt, more important this is a teachable moment. What I get out of this ordeal is...

Don't ski where you can't and if you do be lucky.

pinion

The 2Fx (Femur & compound TibFib) dude was LifeFlighted to Maine Med where he spent a week
Just a week? He's lucky. I just spent 2 weeks there for similar injury :)

Maine Med Ortho Surgical team is A+. They likely get alot of practice thanks to incidents like this.

BodeMiller1

If he was a snowboarder he would have got caught up in the crevice flipped and fell to an untimely death.