• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unreasonable Downstair Neighbors

NYDrew

Answering some of the questions and suggestions,
They had problems pre-baby, but i moved in while they were pregnant and hormonal., Aside from the sub, they also hear the TV speakers when I use them instead.

Getting violent is not the answer unless he swings first, and if he swings first, he knows I always carry unless drinking.

I've asked more then once to hear the noise, but I have been turned away. I've also asked for him to stay in the bedroom while I made adjustments and he said no.

I've had another back and forth with the land lord, she is definately siding with me on this one. She said to have them call her, and if they have a problem with apartment living, they should seek other living arrangements.

deadheadskier

Staff member
other temporary solution might be a decent set of headphones for TV viewing in the evening. It would be a compromise on your end and not theirs, but it might be worth it to avoid confrontation.

NYDrew

Nah, I'm done compromising with them. They have no respect for me and never had. All day long its like a heard of elephant going through a tunnel under my apartment. I was in the basement doing laundry yesterday and they are lucky they don't live above anyone, it sounds like an earthquake when they walk (and no....their not overweight at all, just stompers).

Screw them and my tax dollars that they rode in on. I'm gonna contact WIC and the Vt. Section 8 committee to let them know how their "good deeds" just screw over the people that pay for them. Then I'm gonna tell them how this scum bag chooses not to work in the winters despite his boss offering him year round full time employment because he wants to spend time with his new baby. F* that, I rarely saw my dad as a kid so that I could have warm clothes, a nice house and a college education. No F*ing way am I paying for his kid to have the same thing while he sits on his ghetto a*.

dmc

Put it on a timer...say to go off between 3-3:30 AM :uzi:

Every once in a while - when I stay at hotels - the alarms in the next door rooms have alarms that go off at ungodly hours. You'd think housekeeping would shut that stuff off..