• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Useful or cheesy?

NYDrew

Walking in my boots causes me mucho pain. Its the impact that shift the boot. As an instructor...I spend a lot of time walking (between lessons, or back up the hill). I picture the rocking action to be much less high impact that actual clunking around. Nice.

The ski caddy is just going to make america even fatter.

bigbog

thinkin' about them....on ascents?

Will take another look at them in a couple days with boots on!...stomp around in them to see how walking actually feels in them. Was thinking about their ability to withstand an ascent...? It looks like they're still too oriented for a lodge...would pry off with the first heavy-duty impact..? Will see....

steve

Birdman829

I put my boots on in the locker room and take them off there after. I don't mind walking in them anyways. Cat tracks seem easier because they are smaller.

RISkier

I would never buy it because I dont walk around in my boots. I carry them in a bag then put them on and walk out. If I were to wear them out, were would I carry them when I started skiing?

Now on the other hand if I was staying in a condo or something and not the lodge, there is a good chance of having to walk a distance. I could see the use for that, but not the normal daytrip skier.

Haven't used and don't know I'd buy them. But last year in Austria we did quite a bit of walking in our boots and you could see the wear on the soles. They look like a pain to carry with you, and, as you say, wouldn't be needed by day trip skiers.

Bumpsis

My first reaction was "naahh", another piece of ski related equipment to drag around and I rarely boot up in the parking lot.

But if they would actually make an ascent as easy as walking in plastic mountaineering or AT boots then it would actually solve a big weight problem for me for little money - no need to carry your downhill boots when hiking up. I think I'd ski Mt. Washington more often.

Also, out west, where hike up opportunities are more numerous, this product could be a very nice assett. I often ski with a small backpack when out there, so storage is no problem.
My last hike up to Katchina Peak at Taos was such a drag. Yeah, I think that this product has a market.

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
But if they would actually make an ascent as easy as walking in plastic mountaineering or AT boots then it would actually solve a big weight problem for me for little money - no need to carry your downhill boots when hiking up. I think I'd ski Mt. Washington more often.

Also, out west, where hike up opportunities are more numerous, this product could be a very nice assett. I often ski with a small backpack when out there, so storage is no problem.
My last hike up to Katchina Peak at Taos was such a drag. Yeah, I think that this product has a market.

I think the only hike the mfg has in mind for this product is from the going from the street up 2 floors to your condo.

Bumpsis

I think the only hike the mfg has in mind for this product is from the going from the street up 2 floors to your condo.

In that case, I think that my Cat Tracks will do just fine.
Oh well, so much for that idea.