• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Long time Sno-time skier/rider here from the Wash DC area. I'm kinda on the fence about renewing my Epic pass but probably will because I can justify getting my money's worth out of it between a combo of local hill days and trips to either CO and/or maybe NE. Due to covid I just got the eastern pass this year and I posted several pages ago on this thread about a potential trip I was going to take to Stowe that I ended up doing it and had a awesome time with great conditions there in early Feb. I didn't get to take a CO trip due to covid this year so this Stowe trip really helped to scratch that itch.

I have limited ability to get away with a daughter who is a college athlete playing a spring sport that's in season now so I'm contemplating the previously unthinkable that I was hoping to get some feedback from here. She has a spring break bye week on the weekend of March 27th & 28th so I am actually pondering a road trip for a weekend at, yes Hunter. The weather forecast is looking iffy at the moment which will be the ultimate decider but I'm hoping that because this is near the end of the season it won't be as bad as usual with crowds. I took a couple of peeks at the webcam today and it didn't look so horrible with what appears to be good conditions (it was sunny and low 40's in DC so I'm guessing it was similar to slightly colder there).

So any feedback on what to expect at Hunter on a late March weekend crowd wise would be appreciated as well as the current conditions there. I could alter my plans and make a trip to Mt Snow but it's an additional 3+ hour drive for what I imagine is similar terrain and conditions. TIA.
This afternoon there are 10-15 min lines at Flyer, 5 at F lift. No lines for any other lift.

Mainer

Attitash has been unskiable on a weekend this year. Skied black with the kids for closing day today. Lots of fun, lots of dirt. I love that they blast tunes all day at the base. Such a great vibe. Wildcat tomorrow, probably 1/2 hour lines, also probably last busy weekend, also probably one of the last weekends. But Top to bottom spring bumps can’t be beat.

thebigo

Shit, if we are posting pictures, liver and onions at the door tonight:

Attachments

• 20210320_163758.jpg
    20210320_163758.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Mainer

Pizza at the door is probably best in the valley. Just loved that the moat is even giving attitash shit about the slow triple. 302 west has liver and onion on the kids menu, cost priceless

faceplant

'' Vail Resorts announces a better than expected 28.4 percent decrease in revenue for the quarter ended January 31st. Season to date through March 7th, skier visits are down 8.2 percent, lift revenue is down 8.9 percent, ski school revenue down 43.2 percent, dining revenue down 56.9 percent and retail/rental revenue down 31.6 percent.'

jimmywilson69

I used to cook at a diner back in Western PA while in High School and LIver and Onions was the Monday special. Its been 25 years and i can still smell that shit cooking and it almost makes me gag.

The senior citizens would pack that place on Monday evenings though.

ski&soccermom

FYI, “We are deeply saddened by yesterday’s unspeakable tragedy in Boulder, Colorado. Just miles from our company’s headquarters, Boulder is home to many of our employees who are devastated by this senseless act of violence in their community. We offer our sincerest and most heartfelt condolences. Out of respect for all of those impacted, we have decided to postpone today’s planned announcement and pass launch until Wednesday, March 24.”