• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Warren 4th of July

noski

Do any of you non-MRV folks make the pilgrimage to the Warren 4th of July? Why or Why Not? Do you have any idea what I am referring to? Would be interested to see how many even know what I am talking about..... www.Warren4thofJuly.com

skibum1321

I've never made the journey up there. I tend to celebrate the 4th closer to where I am living. This year and last that means Boston 4th and 2 years ago that meant Burlington.

Jonni

If Warren does fireworks, it's too bad that you couldn't ride the GMX at the Bush to see them from on the mountain. I've watched fireworks from the Million Dollar View at Sunapee before and it's just awesome.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
The Bush does great fireworks on July 4th, Montpelier is even better. I have done a few Warren parades, they are fun but one has to get out of the 60's sometime in their life...lol. I am not to big on crowds and Warren is abit small to handle the crowds but that's just me.

Speaking of Bristol, one Sat night we were over there and during the summer they show movies outdoors on the town green. Montpelier does something similar. Seeing that the valley lost it's movie theater I think that would be a cool thing to consider.

Last edited:

noski

ski_resort_observer said:
The Bush does great fireworks on July 4th, Montpelier is even better.

Phew! Glad you said that!! The fireworks are JULY 3 at LINCOLN PEAK. Their website suggests dinner at Hogan's (Golf Course) then head to the 7th Tee to watch fireworks...
Montpelier fireworks are also July 3, and Waterbury July 1.

ski_resort_observer

Website
noski said:
Phew! Glad you said that!! The fireworks are JULY 3 at LINCOLN PEAK. Their website suggests dinner at Hogan's (Golf Course) then head to the 7th Tee to watch fireworks...
Montpelier fireworks are also July 3, and Waterbury July 1.

Disclaimer, I meant July 4th as the holiday not the specific date.

Montpelier fireworks a few years ago. You sit on the steps of the Vermont State House...how cool is that!
montfireworks.jpg

noski

ski_resort_observer said:
Speaking of Bristol, one Sat night we were over there and during the summer they show movies outdoors on the town green. Montpelier does something similar. Seeing that the valley lost it's movie theater I think that would be a cool thing to consider.

Have I got a deal for you......http://www.bigpicturetheater.info/ What was lost has now been found.....

I remember MRG showed movies outside quite often a few summers ago....cult stuff mostly.

ski_resort_observer

Website
The latest reincarnation looks very interesting and I hope they do well but I was talking more about films that would be alittle more mainstream. Films the whole family can enjoy plus showing them outside like the other towns do. The field where they do the Farmer's Market would be perfect.