• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather Icon's

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
I am doing a Weather Forecasting Project and I was wondering if anyone had any good weather icons, or knew where I could find some satisfactory weather icons.

Thanks

Porter

Greg

Staff member
What exactly do you mean by "icons"?

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
An Icon that could be used in a 5 day forecast, or something like that. I am not sure if I am legally allowed to take one from weather.com or something like that. Thanks.

porter

teachski

Website
teachski.com

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Thanks for the help,

It?s actually a semester long project where I am forecasting a five day forecast for my school, both posted and on the TV. Should be fun an interesting.

However, I do need one more favor, Are there any meteorologists out there who would be wiling to do a job shadow. More specifically a forecaster who specializes in pinpoint forecasts. The job shadow would not need to be done in the traditional format, and could even be solely and interview. It could even be done while skiing. If anyone wants to volunteer I would be obliged.

Porter

salida@comcast.net

Greg

Staff member
weatherskicat runs http://www.bestskiweather.com/

Also, I know Joshua (not Joshua B) has a few years of meteorology schooling behind him. Maybe PM one or both of them?

teachski

Website
teachski.com
You could also try Jeremy D. from NELSAP. He is a meteorologist out in New York State. If he has the time he more than likely would help you. I'd send him an email though, I would not rely on him seeing your post there.