• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend March 11-13

Jcb890

I know its still only Tuesday, but I'm sitting here at my desk dreaming of being on the slopes.

When I looked yesterday, forecasts were calling for rain a lot of the weekend, but I'm looking today and it looks pretty clear right now for the weekend. No matter where you're riding/skiing in New England, temperatures seem destined to be in the 40's or 50's.

So, where is everyone thinking of riding/skiing this weekend?

I think I want to make the drive up to Stowe on Saturday. I've never been and still have 2/3 of my VT Ski 3 passes left.

Has anyone been to Stowe recently? How were the conditions? Any recommendations for me? I will ride any terrain (tend to shy away from moguls), but my wife is more of a beginner and will stick to the green trails.

Also, any AZ'ers thinking of going up to Stowe Saturday and want to share a chair and get in some turns?

VTKilarney

I'm taking a wait and see approach to see how much damage is done over the week. I still have a Bromont ticket to burn, so it will either be Bromont or Burke. Does anyone know how crowded Bromont will likely be on Saturday or Sunday? I'm spoiled with Burke's lack of crowds, but I'd also like to use up my ticket.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll likely be at Wildcat on Sunday. First Birthday party for my son on Saturday. Damn kid cutting into my ski time. ;)

drjeff

Gunstock Friday through Sunday with the older kid who's racing in the U12 Northeast Championships there

njdiver85

I'm waiting to see if there is a possibility of some back-ended snow that could make Friday a decent day. I know it's early, but I'm dying to get up to Wildcat and really hopeful.

hammer

Will be staying up in Bartlett over the weekend, have passes for Wildcat or Attitash (or both) for Saturday.

JDMRoma

Cannon Saturday and Killington/Cannon Sunday

Anyone getting out tomorrow ? most likely hitting BW as I have a mid week ticket to burn........ Friday is Wildcat and the weekend will be at home.......Cannon !!!

yeggous

Sounds like a party. I have a bunch of passes for Attitash / Wildcat on Sunday, or any other Sunday this season. Is anyone interested in joining?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

MG Skier

I know its still only Tuesday, but I'm sitting here at my desk dreaming of being on the slopes.

When I looked yesterday, forecasts were calling for rain a lot of the weekend, but I'm looking today and it looks pretty clear right now for the weekend. No matter where you're riding/skiing in New England, temperatures seem destined to be in the 40's or 50's.

So, where is everyone thinking of riding/skiing this weekend?

I think I want to make the drive up to Stowe on Saturday. I've never been and still have 2/3 of my VT Ski 3 passes left.

Has anyone been to Stowe recently? How were the conditions? Any recommendations for me? I will ride any terrain (tend to shy away from moguls), but my wife is more of a beginner and will stick to the green trails.

Also, any AZ'ers thinking of going up to Stowe Saturday and want to share a chair and get in some turns?

Jcb890,

Don't we all dream of being on the slopes when we are at work? I am hoping for a few days at Jay this weekend. Might be a total dream!!!

Griswold

Have been here skiing Stowe since Sunday. Conditions were awesome both yesterday and today. The 1-3 inches from yesterday and the warmer temps have made a huge difference. We skied all of the woods on the four runner side and they opened upper goat, national drop in and upper star today, all of which skied great. Heard a few people raving about chin clip and angel food in the parking lot this morning but we didn't ski those so can't confirm. We are up all week and plan on skiing through Friday so I'll report back after the weather on Thursday if it will help your decision. Sorry no pics!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Griswold

Also, a tip when using the Vermont 3/5 passes at Stowe is that you can redeem them at both the Mansfield and midway lodges. Our first day we went all the way to spruce camp because that's what the paper said that was sent with the passes but don't waste your time going over there (unless you want to start at spruce).

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone