• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Terry

Sitting here thinking about getting going over to my sons house to play carpenter again. We finally got all the doors and windows reframed yesterday so will start putting them in today. Progress was slower than expceted as we basically had to reframe the whole house. Will probably dig the septic tank hole as well.

Doing Laundry..allowing myself 30 minutes on the intermanet then making myself clean for an hour..I'm calling that my exercise for the day so then it's beer thirty..Prime Drinking Weather for me..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sitting out on the garden bench, watching the kids play in the tree and sandbox, eating some cherries, and relaxing. Already ran some errands this morning and washed some laundry. Still need to fold, sort through mounds of clothes for the tag sale, and price them. But for now, I'm enjoying the beautiful day. :D

Cracked my first beer..my cleaning/laundry/grocery shopping is done..chillin the rest of the day in air iconditioning..watching Tiger Woods later on..

Geoff

I managed to blow away my Microsoft Outlook database this morning trying to get it severed from the Exchange Server from my previous employer. The only thing I have is an .OST file which can't be read by Outlook directly. A conversion program I downloaded lets me see everything but I would have to spend $249.00 to buy the program to convert the .OST file into a .PST file. I'm manually re-entering my contacts database.

Moron!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Loading tag sale crap into the car so I can deal with it at my mom's house, where there's more room to spread it out and price it. Ugh.

Grassi21

Loading tag sale crap into the car so I can deal with it at my mom's house, where there's more room to spread it out and price it. Ugh.

We did a community tag sale at a local park yesterday. The sale was from 9-4 and we made a grand total of $30 and got a bitchin' farmer tan.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
We did a community tag sale at a local park yesterday. The sale was from 9-4 and we made a grand total of $30 and got a bitchin' farmer tan.

I usually make about $100 at these. It's just that this time, I have somewhere around 300 individual pieces of kids' clothes to sell... and while that's often a draw, I have no way to hang it all up (which is recommended) and no desire to sort it all out by size and gender. I did have 2 different groups for pricing originally until I was ready to call up Salvation Army to just get rid of it... then I decided that $0.50 each was good enough for me to get rid of this stuff. Nice clothes, but clearly I used to buy way too much kids' clothes (glad I'm cured of that now!). It's a lot harder to do this crap with 2 kids than it used to be with none.

The upside is that I can browse the neighborhood for deals for my own kids. I'm on the lookout for a bike for my 4 year old and hope to find one before her birthday on the 16th.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm still in computer hell. I really let myself fall behind the times as far as pc hardware goes, but then again, it's been a long time since my IT days.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I did a lot of crazy things when I was younger... sun in doesn't work all that well when you naturally have dark, dark brown hair. You get orange hair. :lol: I also cut my hair one night in 7th grade... didn't look so great. Let's hope I don't burn my hair off tonight. :oops:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Alright.... I need help here. This is what I got:
4688_117534046256_624361256_3200344_443180_n.jpg

There's a teeny bit of the purple streaked through it (like lowlights, which isn't bad actually). I'm trying to decide if I should leave it like this (which is a pretty even blonde actually, aside from the light purple lowlights) or go the next step and try to do the purple again. I'm leaving it this way until tomorrow night at least. :D

I know, you're guys, you don't care. But I figured I'd try anyway. ;)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Alright.... I need help here. This is what I got:
4688_117534046256_624361256_3200344_443180_n.jpg

There's a teeny bit of the purple streaked through it (like lowlights, which isn't bad actually). I'm trying to decide if I should leave it like this (which is a pretty even blonde actually, aside from the light purple lowlights) or go the next step and try to do the purple again. I'm leaving it this way until tomorrow night at least. :D

I know, you're guys, you don't care. But I figured I'd try anyway. ;)
Cool! :cool: I especially like the fishy shower curtain in the background :lol:

It's summer, why not have a little fun, come winter, you won't have time to play around.

Well, it looks like I'm finally getting out of computer hell. I finally got xp64 installed in my new rig, RAID1 is configured, most of the drivers installed. Right now, the contents of my failing 300GB hard drive is copying over to my new 1TB RAID array. I have a bunch of other disks to double check and then I'll dress the wires and close it up.

Installing XP via usb isn't as straightforward as you would think, but now that I got it working, I'm going to keep that one thumb drive just for loading xp64, if I ever need a reload.