• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you drinking right now?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm surprised we don't. It's Tod Mott's recipe. He obviously moved on long ago, but it's a classic. First IPA I ever had. Bought it outside a Phish show at UMASS in 1994.

I hardly drink it these days. Maybe I'll grab a six pack this weekend.

Well, wouldn't you know it, but the hotel I'm at in New Haven had two choices on decent beer; Harpoon IPA and Sierra Pale. Went with the Harpoon.

It's not bad. Interesting that what once was considered a quintessential IPA is barely recognizable as that style today. Comes off as a lightly hopped summer ale to me.

Works just fine with the Frank Pepe white clam pizza I'm enjoying though.

drjeff

Well, wouldn't you know it, but the hotel I'm at in New Haven had two choices on decent beer; Harpoon IPA and Sierra Pale. Went with the Harpoon.

It's not bad. Interesting that what once was considered a quintessential IPA is barely recognizable as that style today. Comes off as a lightly hopped summer ale to me.

No Two Roads brews at a hotel in New Haven?!?! WTF??? Those guys can brew with ANY of the "elite" craft brewers!! Hence why Lawson's collaborated with them for Sip 'O Sunshine and Evil Twin uses their facilities to brew a bunch of their boundary pushing beers!!!

jasdmd0

ATTACH]
14th Star Valor while watching Brew Dogs! Proof that VT can brew more than just world class IPA's!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Courtyard Marriott's aren't known for their beer selection. Sometimes a Sam Adam's Boston Lager is the best you get.

jasdmd0

Courtyard Marriott's aren't known for their beer selection. Sometimes a Sam Adam's Boston Lager is the best you get.
Heck, if you're going to New Haven again, or anywhere else in CT, that takes you down 395 from NH, let me know and at worst I'd get you some good stuff from my local nano brewery to drink or even in a super crunch, let you raid my beer fridge a bit? uploadfromtaptalk1433386362480.jpg [emoji12]

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thanks man. :lol:

And I thought my beer quiver at home was impressive.

Normally save my imbibing for the weekends, but had to have some suds to wash down Frank Pepe's.

Quietman

Had a Moat Mountain Pale Ale on draft at a local establishment and was very impressed. Clean, crisp, but with lots of flavor.

jasdmd0

Thanks man. [emoji38]

And I thought my beer quiver at home was impressive.

Normally save my imbibing for the weekends, but had to have some suds to wash down Frank Pepe's.
My beer fridge came about a bunch of years ago when my wife said that if she could redo our kitchen that I could put the old fridge in the basement as my beer fridge!! Lol! And the fact that one of my neighbors owns my local, REALLY GOOD, package store doesn't hurt either!!

Let's just say that when I go there they don't ask if I want, but just grab their private stash of brews such as Sip 'O Sunshine and put them in my shopping basket!! ;) [emoji481]

jasdmd0

My beer fridge came about a bunch of years ago when my wife said that if she could redo our kitchen that I could put the old fridge in the basement as my beer fridge!! Lol! And the fact that one of my neighbors owns my local, REALLY GOOD, package store doesn't hurt either!!

Let's just say that when I go there they don't ask if I want, but just grab their private stash of brews such as Sip 'O Sunshine and put them in my shopping basket!! ;) [emoji481]
White clam pizza at Pepe's? A true classic!!

Tin

I hate to admit it but a Rebel IPA. I never liked a Sam Adams until I found this thing. I learned at the Black Line Tavern they go down like water. Guess it is my "light summer IPA". I will pour it or keep it in a koozie around others as to hide my shame.

moresnow

Jack's abbey barrel aged framinghammer.

I need more lagered porters in my life.

Edd

I hate to admit it but a Rebel IPA. I never liked a Sam Adams until I found this thing. I learned at the Black Line Tavern they go down like water. Guess it is my "light summer IPA". I will pour it or keep it in a koozie around others as to hide my shame.

Not a big Sam Adams guy either but I can drink a Rebel.

prsboogie

Mmmmm Pepe's , excellent choice! Though I must say I enjoy Modern apizza, more. Its 5 minutes north of Wooster St.