• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Kind of AZ Thread Viewer Are You?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
in the vein of what kind of AZ'er are you.... what kind of thread viewer are you? do you check specific forum sections only? do you browse all of the forums? or are you obsessed enough to have the "New Posts" link bookmarked so you won't miss a single new or bumped post? :D

i enjoy the new posts link so i can see all the new posts and comments in one page instead of skipping between various sections of the forum. i often forget that AZ has many different sub-sections in the forum and it always takes me a minute to get to the correct section when starting a new topic.

i always skip the cycling posts, but other than that, i generally read at least the first post on most threads in the skiing and hiking sections (though stop reading if the discussion isn't relevent, interesting, or has jumped the proverbial shark). i generally skip news threads and "post roast" threads, which i am due in for one soon myself it looks like (i have a real zinger planned for that pending thread!!!) :D

BeanoNYC

are you obsessed enough to have the "New Posts" link bookmarked so you won't miss a single new or bumped post? :D

That would be me :) ... although with this new forum software, I can't seem to bookmark the new posts link. I just link directly to the forum and click the new posts hyperlink.

bvibert

Staff member
I go through each of the forums that interest me at that moment that have new threads and check out the treads. Sometimes I don't feel like checking in a particular forum so I save it for later. The way this forum software is setup now it will remember which threads I've read or not even days later. Some threads I stop reading if the content doesn't interest me so I use the Mark Forums Read option so that forum won't show new posts until there are more. I don't generally check out the hiking forums on a daily basis, more like every couple of weeks.

Jonni

I check the ski forums, hiking forums and miscellaneous forums the most. All others I will glace through for anything that interests me and then use the friendly little "Mark Posts Read" option as I'm not much for liking unread posts.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks, I knew about that. I guess I mean posted in particlar threads.
I don't know of a way to do that.

While I got ya, who do you do a link description (HPD's posts) instead of posting the whole link?

Like this:
Code:
[PLAIN]
[url=http://forums.alpinezone.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=950][b]HPD's posts[/b][/url][/PLAIN]

Greg

Staff member
I browse every board. When I've read the threads that interest me, I mark them all read from the forum home page.

kcyanks1

I normally just look at the the two skiing forums, focusing on threads I'm more interested in, but generally reading at least one message per thread except when I've been away a while. When I have some extra time and have finished what I care about on those forums, I'll occasionally look in some of the other forums like this one. I have never looked at the hiking or cycling forums though.

Skier75

I check the ski forums, hiking forums and miscellaneous forums the most. All others I will glace through for anything that interests me and then use the friendly little "Mark Posts Read" option as I'm not much for liking unread posts.

Yep, that's pretty much what I do too.....