• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Kind of AZ Thread Viewer Are You?

bvibert

Staff member
You guys know that you don't need to have the email notifications turned on, right?

bvibert

Staff member
How do you turn them off?

User CP >> Edit Options, a few sections down on that page you'll see "Default Thread Subscription Mode", set the option box in there to "No email notification" or "Do not subscribe". That'll change it so that threads you start or post to from that point forward are not automatically subscribed to. Then you'll have to go to User CP >> List Subscriptions and change the notification type to none on all the threads you're already subscribed to.

I'm not sure why the notifications are turned on by default...

User CP >> Edit Options, a few sections down on that page you'll see "Default Thread Subscription Mode", set the option box in there to "No email notification" or "Do not subscribe". That'll change it so that threads you start or post to from that point forward are not automatically subscribed to. Then you'll have to go to User CP >> List Subscriptions and change the notification type to none on all the threads you're already subscribed to.

O.K. I changed it to no e-mail notification several months ago but I still get 100 or more e-mails a day...so I just changed it to Do not subscribe..I'll see..it's a pain though..

Beetlenut

I mostly just read the skiing, gear, and Misc sections. If something interests me and I have something constructive to offer, I'll post. I'll never be accused of being a post-whore! I think the new posts button will be my new friend.

How do you change notifications to none..on the subscriptions??? I don't see where that option is..

bvibert

Staff member
How do you change notifications to none..on the subscriptions??? I don't see where that option is..

In the list of subscribed threads; click on the check box, on the right, next to the threads which say they have some sort of email notification to select them. Then at the bottom of the page you'll see a drop down box which allows you to update the subscription type, change it to "No email notification" and click the "Go" button. You probably have multiple pages of subscribed threads so you'll have to go through all of the pages to get all of the subscriptions.

In the list of subscribed threads; click on the check box, on the right, next to the threads which say they have some sort of email notification to select them. Then at the bottom of the page you'll see a drop down box which allows you to update the subscription type, change it to "No email notification" and click the "Go" button. You probably have multiple pages of subscribed threads so you'll have to go through all of the pages to get all of the subscriptions.

I have 86 pages of threads...so I'll probably wait until I'm really bored to do it..thanks for the help//

BeanoNYC

You guys know that you don't need to have the email notifications turned on, right?

No, I like them. I just unsubscribe to the ones I don't want popping into my inbox. I mean, Do I really need to see a reply to the "count to a million" or "what are you doing right now?" in my inbox?

bvibert

Staff member
That's cool guys, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you didn't need to get them. We've had other people complain in the past, who didn't know you could disable them.

drjeff

That's cool guys, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you didn't need to get them. We've had other people complain in the past, who didn't know you could disable them.

smackhim.gif
hitself.gif