• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

when will killington be sold?

speden

First off, I don't think Killington will be sold in the near future.

That being said, I'm a little sorry to see that GSS has no chance for parole. I probably started checking in to the forum near the tail end of his time here, but he seemed to add a lot of energy to the forum. At first I kind of wondered if he had a mild case of asperger's syndrome or maybe he just liked to push people's buttons sometimes. Anyway it was pretty clear he loves skiing and I did enjoy reading his trip reports. Maybe if he was put on a limited post count during his probation he'd keep his posts to a higher signal to noise ratio.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow. 16 pages? WTF? And this place is still boring. Here's what I got out of it.
1. GSS is still banned for being "interesting".
2. This place has a new owner? Seriously? Greg actually found a sucker, er, I mean savvy investor?

Well nice to meet you too, thanks for the kind intro :blink:

2knees

Well nice to meet you too, thanks for the kind intro :blink:

the dude's about 80 years old and hasnt seen his feet in 3 decades. give him a break. he probably fell asleep typing that silly little post.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I see it differently. I see the same half dozen or so people saying he should be let back in. I think the other 99.9% of the members don't give a fudgesicle.

At this point, I don't really think the supporters want him back...as much as they just want their way.

IMHO...YMMV
+1

SkiFanE

I've lurked here for a LONG time, but just registered last fall.

I would love to see GSS back. We all get diff't things out of these boards, but I liked his form of entertainment and if I saw his name as the last poster on a thread, 100% chance I'd read it. Maybe I just like perverse and immature humor? Okay, I admit it. I don't come here JUST for ski information, but to be entertained.

Personally, I think you should ban the poster that wrote "CLIT". I don't know what it stands for, but it insults me and my entire gender. WTF? Is there an equivalent "DICK" acronym?

JerseyJoey

I would love to see GSS back. We all get diff't things out of these boards, but I liked his form of entertainment and if I saw his name as the last poster on a thread, 100% chance I'd read it. Maybe I just like perverse and immature humor? Okay, I admit it. I don't come here JUST for ski information, but to be entertained.

Personally, I think you should ban the poster that wrote "CLIT". I don't know what it stands for, but it insults me and my entire gender. WTF? Is there an equivalent "DICK" acronym?

Very well said. I love when you talk dirty.

highpeaksdrifter

it's important to remember that 99% of the people on this site (and I have gotten PM's from many, many of them) don't participate in these types of conversations.
:popcorn:

Why not do a little research then. Have a poll vote in a “Would You Like GSS Back”, simply click yes or no. That way the silent majority, that you believe exists, won’t have to post or see their names counted.

It’s your site so democracy doesn’t have to rule, but at least you’d have the true pulse of the forum on this issue.

What do you think Nick?

wa-loaf

Why not do a little research then. Have a poll vote in a “Would You Like GSS Back”, simply click yes or no. That way the silent majority, that you believe exists, won’t have to post or see their names counted.

It’s your site so democracy doesn’t have to rule, but at least you’d have the true pulse of the forum on this issue.

What do you think Nick?

You can start your own poll. Don't forget to include a "meh" answer for those of us who are ambivalent.

Riverskier

I see it differently. I see the same half dozen or so people saying he should be let back in. I think the other 99.9% of the members don't give a fudgesicle.

At this point, I don't really think the supporters want him back...as much as they just want their way.

IMHO...YMMV

Wrong. There are at least a dozen or so people in this thread alone that have expressed that they would like to see him back. I still contest that the vast majority of people enjoyed his contributions to this site. And for the record, I don't care about getting my way. With the wife, maybe, but internet forums not so much. The site was simply more entertaining with GSS on here, and especially heading into the Summer, it would be nice to have him back for entertainment value.

Riverskier

What do you think Nick?

I would be very interested to see the results even if they wouldn't change anything. I keep hearing about this silent majority, but all I see is people coming out of the woodwork in support of having GSS back. If the majority of people actually are opposed to having GSS back, I would be happy to let this issue die and never mention it again.

AdironRider

I would be very interested to see the results even if they wouldn't change anything. I keep hearing about this silent majority, but all I see is people coming out of the woodwork in support of having GSS back. If the majority of people actually are opposed to having GSS back, I would be happy to let this issue die and never mention it again.

Heres where we start repeating ourselves.

I think its pretty clear the mods dont want him back and have convinced Nick of this. Just dont piss off the CLITs I guess as theyll just justify it as "not pleasing everyone". What a cop out, should be "not pleasing anyone who might disagree with the inner circle".

They do seem to have changed their tone a bit, so thats a start.

highpeaksdrifter

Actually it’s C.L.I.T.S. and stands for Connecticut Legit Intense Terrain Seekers. It goes way back. It’s a had to be there type of thing.

There was also an A.N.U.S. which stood for Adirondack something something something. One of the mods came up with that on. Tasteless and junivelle…tisk…tisk…tisk