• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to ski Friday or Monday

Jisch

My son is home from college and we want to go skiing for a day, probably driving up and back the same day - no overnight. I have three Pricechopper passes for Snow or Okemo, but I actually think I want to 'save' those for a Sunday when the prices are higher - though at this point I think I can replace them if I use them anyway. We're driving from NE CT, so Southern/Central VT is logical - Snow is just about 3 hours away.

I guess from reading the trip reports that most places are operating with pretty good snow at this point - is that a good assumption?

We are not die hard skiers, but enjoy a good day on the slopes - woods would be nice, but not absolutely necessary (and I hate hitting rocks under the snow, is the cover that good yet?).

After reading one of the reviews of Bromley I'm thinking we might head there - we had an unbelievably fun day up there two years ago. Anywhere else I should consider? I want a place that isn't crazy expensive, which makes Bromley a good choice as well.

John
(sorry that this thread is a bit uninteresting, but curious if I'm overlooking somewhere obvious)

MR. evil

Give Magic a try, though i am not sure they are open on Mondays. Never any crowds there, inexpensive, and the best terraine in S VT.

Magic is about 10 minutes from Broomley heading back towards Okemo.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Unless there is a storm blowing, Magic is only open weekends--so they would be out for Monday probably. But if they're open when you go, it's worth checking out. I haven't made my way there yet but you always hear good things about them.

The last time I skied at Okemo, I had a pretty good time. Not a die hard skier either so maybe that helps (usually you'll hear that it's very flat from the thrill-seekers on here ;)). Mt. Snow is a good option, too. You can't go wrong with either, IMHO. Berkshire East would be the only other one I'd add to the list to consider.

Jisch

Magic

We may hit Magic, according to their website they are open Friday through Monday; Tuesday through Thursday only if its a powder day.

Thanks for the suggestions!

John