• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where's Waldo - 9/22/09

Grassi21

Got a late call from a friend who I have been trying to get on a mountain bike. We did about an hour. it was his first time in the woods and I wanted a chill ride with my tailbone. Mr Sock (that is what my 2 yr old has named my friend) started out on the rigid Giant SS. Yes it is doing its duty and trying to hook another mountain biker. I felt bad for him struggling on the hills in the first 5 minutes and swapped bikes with him. I set a modest pace on the SS. Mr Sock picked up the pace a bit. He def. didn't hold back on the stone walls and logs. Towards the end he was gassed so we switched bikes again so I could hit a downhill and the last few wall crossings.

It was very interesting switches bikes during the ride. I started off at a decent pace on the multi geared bike. After switching to the SS I had to adjust to the terrain. I couldn't start on a hill. But when I let it fly on some flats and took the speed into some twisty stuff it was really fun. I could see the fun in riding a rigid ss on some flowy buffed out trails. But after switching back to the multi-geared I was able to haul some ass and get after the downhills.

In the end, it turned out to be a fun, quick ride with no ass pain. ;-)

Edit - I just hope someone gets to the low hanging fruit in this post before 2knees. :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sounds like an interesting ride--can't imagine switching bikes twice during one! Way to go on getting back out there!

BTW, perfect product for you on Chainlove right now ;)
ONECOL.jpg

Six Six One made the Pro Bomber Undershorts with thigh protection, tail bone coverage, and impact absorbing foam so your body can survive the next ragdoll episode. Slide these skivvies on under your riding shorts and feel the confidence-inspiring ABS plastic thigh-guards and articulated tail bone coverage. Don’t worry about over-heating or feeling like your wearing an S&M undergarment--the Pro Bombers are cut for on-the-bike fit and the ABS- plastic guards feature plenty of venting. Perforated closed-cell EVA foam provides impact absorption and further funk-venting, so you can gear-up and huck with peace of mind.

bvibert

Staff member
I purposely didn't respond to this right away to give 2knees a full crack at it, but he once again disappoints. Anyway I'm glad to hear that Mr. Socks didn't have to carry your busted ass out of the woods.

Grassi21

I purposely didn't respond to this right away to give 2knees a full crack at it, but he once again disappoints. Anyway I'm glad to hear that Mr. Socks didn't have to carry your busted ass out of the woods.

I almost had to carry Mr Sock out of the woods.

Sev, I just picked up a pair of those shorts. I figure if they are too burly I can return them.

Greg

Staff member
Glad to hear you got back out Ass Man.