• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's buying their 21/22 pass early?

ctdubl07

Our Epic passes are set on auto renew.

Considering the state of the world, We've been able to do all the skiing we wanted this year with zero complaints. Just booked us an Easter weekend trip to Vail and I can't wait.

The economics and options of pass aggregation is amazing. I have zero hesitation.

Pez

Having an NE epic pass worked out OK for me this year. got some fun days in I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Not entirely sure I want to do it next year, I guess I'll take a wait and see approach.

I'm thinking a berkshire east pass for my local option next season.

jimmywilson69

I'm on Auto Renew for my Epic passes, because that is what I have to ski locally.

The biggest question is whether I add an Ikon base or not. I want to travel to different locations in the west than are offered by Epic.

jimmywilson69

Are there any bonuses if you're set to auto-renew?
I think they charge you $50 per pass and then you don't get charged the remainder until September.

Also I think by renewing early you get the most "buddy" passes, which is frankly useless to me. This year everyone got 10 buddy passes but that is usually only the early rate.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I think they charge you $50 per pass and then you don't get charged the remainder until September.

Also I think by renewing early you get the most "buddy" passes, which is frankly useless to me. This year everyone got 10 buddy passes but that is usually only the early rate.
I have yet to find a buddy who finds it worth paying either their Buddy or Ski With A Friend "discount" rate. What a deal - ski a weekday at Vail for $150.

mikec142

I have yet to find a buddy who finds it worth paying either their Buddy or Ski With A Friend "discount" rate. What a deal - ski a weekday at Vail for $150.
I have used most of my Ikon buddy passes this season. All for my kids. Two reasons. First is that many of the days we go (holidays or weekends) places are sold out. But the buddy passes circumvent that issue. Second is that I only have to decide the day before. 25% of of retail is better than full retail which is often my only other option.

machski

Boyne New England Pass products should drop later this week. No flash sale week this year, best pricing will last through April 30th so I get to wait a bit longer than normal to decide stuff. They did warn all passes will come off sale May 1st and they will put passes back on sale sometime later in the summer though not all products may be available still when that happens (similar to last year).

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

ORDA posted their price for Belleayre / Gore / Whiteface today

$809 is the adult early purchase price for a full pass to all three with no black out dates. Allows skiing starting 3/17.

Other pricing available here:

https://www.belleayre.com/tickets/season-passes/

Seriously considering this option. The other passes that will be interesting for me to compare pricing on are Epic, Ikon and Indy

machski

Boyne dropped NEP passes this morning:

That said, all three resorts are offering a slightly different assortment of pass options this year. Sugarloaf is the only one offering eaarly lift access next season and it is an add on perk available on the NEP Gold ($300) and Platinum ($250) and from what I can tell, only through their online store.

Loon offers their all season Loon only Access Pass Membership deal at $103/month and they are offering a Loon only LTD Sun-Fri blackout skiing pass next season for $559 (sounds a bit high to me just for Loon). Sugarloaf is offering a similar pass (Local 6) for $549 but only available to residents living full time in local towns listed on their web page. Sunday River doesn't offer anything similar.

Pricing of the NEP's at list is basically the same as last year. Loyalty discounts are smaller, so actual paid price may be a bit higher. Adult prices:
Platinum: 1499 (1449 renewal) Ikon Base included and 3 day at Boyne Western and 50% off after that, 50% off MC resorts
Gold: 1199 (1149 renewal) 3 day at Boyne Western and 50% off after that, 50% off MC resorts
Silver: 779 (749 renewal)
Bronze: 569 (549 renewal)
Nitro: 379 (369 renewal) and note this pass replaces junior silver NEP's now as well.

asnowmobiler

Blue Mountain in Pennsylvania raised their pass from $499 to $599 or $550 for returning pass holders.
They said they will be still restricting the amount of of daily tickets next year, most likely a ploy to get more season pass holders. I haven't been there this year, but I heard it's been a shit show with very long lines and no evidence of restricted capacity.
That being said, I'll be buying one unless Vail gives me one hell of a deal.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Blue Mountain in Pennsylvania raised their pass from $499 to $599 or $550 for returning pass holders.
They said they will be still restricting the amount of of daily tickets next year, most likely a ploy to get more season pass holders. I haven't been there this year, but I heard it's been a shit show with very long lines and no evidence of restricted capacity.
That being said, I'll be buying one unless Vail gives me one hell of a deal.
Actually they raised it from $429 last year early bird rate. Camelback is also $599. And Montage is $399; Shawnee $449; Mountain Creek (gag) $279.

ERJ-145CA

I bought my pass for Mountain Creek yesterday. They went on sale on Monday for $279 for the first 1000 passes sold. It also includes the rest of this season. I got 3 - one for me, my wife and my daughter.

I used to just get one for myself and I'd also get passes at Mt. Peter for all of us since it's a lot more mellow than MC on the weekends but my daughter has gotten bored with Mt. Peter. So I figure we'll try MC out for all of us. We can take advantage of the early access for passholders that they have on the weekends.

abc

One other thing about buying it for use in this spring. It may not be so easy to use it enough to pay for itself in spring alone...

So one must assume next season will be a normal season, right?

It's still 9 months until December...

urungus

Berkshire East / Catamount / Bousquet “Summit Pass” on sale for $499 until May 31, ski free rest of this year, Indy Pass add on for an additional $169.

icecoast1

I'll be getting an indy pass, won't be getting anything else til there's a better picture of what next season will look like, especially with having to make reservations. If I end up having to pay more for the pass, so be it

gittist

At the risk of being asked if I'm crazy or stupid, has anyone seen anything about the 21/22 EPIC Passes?