• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

Quietman

Pat's beat Crotched this year and is opening this Sat with limited terrain, 1 trail from the top plus a few others.

prsboogie

From the Attitash blast email today:

THE GRINCH WHO STOLE SNOW

I went to a holiday parade last week with some family members in my home town of Bridgton, Maine. There were several floats created by local businesses and the usual procession of firetrucks and local organizations. I could not happen to notice that there were three floats featuring the Grinch. It was cute but I thought it was odd. Why would you want to want to be associated with a thief who tries to steal joy from children? It was a nice parade and our family enjoyed it very much.

Today we had a discussion about opening and I remembered the Grinch. This same fellow is trying to steal our winter joy! We are not happy about this, not one little bit. In thinking about the famous Dr. Seuss cartoon – the only thing the Grinch didn’t steal during his Christmas eve burglary of Whoville was the snow! But alas it feels as if he’s come back to snag that this year. And as Thurl Ravenscroft sang so perfectly, “the three words that best describe you (or in this case “our situation”) is STINK, STANK, STUNK.”

Seriously, we have decided to POSTPONE OPENING here at Attitash for another week. The weather forecast is not favorable and once again we are faced with record warm temperatures coming over the weekend. Our snowmakers have been on call, waiting for every opportunity, and have done a great job under these marginal operating conditions. They literally have been chasing the cold around the mountains to take advantage of every pocket of cold air wherever they can. We are making progress but it is not what we all wish. It is a difficult decision but with the ground still not frozen and the weather forecast, we feel it is prudent to sit tight for another week and Attitash Mountain will not open as hoped on December 12th.

We are fortunate to have Wildcat as a great option for our pass holders and guests and I am pleased to report the conditions are wonderful up in the notch. The Wildcat snowmakers have also been working tirelessly pumping out the product at every opportunity and have been using Wildcat’s elevation to their advantage. This week they opened up terrain off the Snowcat triple lift with access to beginner terrain. Upper Polecat has been groomed out and is skiing very well. Lynx got another blast of snow to insure it remains great for the remainder of the season. The pub is open and the beer is cold. In fact, all the amenities will be open for the remainder of the season starting this weekend.

We thank you all for your patience and understanding. We are anxious to open and look forward to hosting you at Attitash very soon and if you see the Grinch, tell him to go away!

John

John D. Lowell
President
Attitash Mountain Resort & Wildcat Mountain

prsboogie

Got an email update from Ctotched today as well saying they will not be opening this weekend either

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sucks. Hope Wildcat isn't packed with every race team in the Valley again this weekend, but it's looking like it

Quietman

I completely missed that Mt Abram opened last weekend top to bottom on 1 trail. Very impressive considering their past! They plan to be open this weekend also, thumbs up!!

dlague

I think it is funny that the two cruiser mountains Okemo and Bretton Woods have the most acres open in their respective states!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Easiest to expand terrain on. I'm taking nothing away from their efforts, but it takes very little base to open the terrain at those areas.

SIKSKIER

Here is a positive,if not twisted development for you Wildcat skiers.

Please note that although traditionally Wildcat has been closed on Christmas Day & Attitash open, this season Wildcat Mountain will be open for Christmas Day turns!

Smellytele

Here is a positive,if not twisted development for you Wildcat skiers.

Please note that although traditionally Wildcat has been closed on Christmas Day & Attitash open, this season Wildcat Mountain will be open for Christmas Day turns!

This also actually had an inch of snow last night.

VTKilarney

This doesn't answer your question, but I thought that I would point out that Bretton Woods is $30 on Christmas.