• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

dlague

Think I'm gonna hit Stratton tomorrow. Loon isn't worth the drive and gore isn't worth spending money, and I'll be thanking myself come May when I have killington days remaining on the pass

Do not wait for May to use the MAX pass up at K use it during March time frame where fewer people are going but more terrain is still open. May days at K are relatively cheap and there are other sources for discounted days in May.

spiderpig

Really itching to get out... Set aside money and what normal people would consider crazy in terms of driving. Who has the best offering right now from just outside New York with the option to leave this evening around 5-6 or just get up and be on the road 4ish tomorrow morning .. Okemo, K or f it and drive all the way up to Stowe? Im leaning okemo.

Skied Okemo today and it was a minefield. They started blowing snow at the very top at 10:00, too, but not on an open trail. I assume they're going to cover up their bare sections on open trails tonight before moving around the mountain. The parts that were covered were very good, but nothing was completely covered except for that tiny portion of Countdown. They will do a good job grooming and trying to spread people out, but it will probably be crowded.

KustyTheKlown

I only ski K early and late season. I loathe K and everything they represent, except for their early and late season commitment to being open. With ample prepaid days at Sunday River, loaf, pico, loon, and Stratton, and with 1 prepaid each at cannon, mad river, smugglers, whiteface, gore, Burke, Bolton, owls head, plattekill, and magic, I shouldn't need to go to killington until they are the last resort open in New England, in May.

dlague

I only ski K early and late season. I loathe K and everything they represent, except for their early and late season commitment to being open. With ample prepaid days at Sunday River, loaf, pico, loon, and Stratton, and with 1 prepaid each at cannon, mad river, smugglers, whiteface, gore, Burke, Bolton, owls head, plattekill, and magic, I shouldn't need to go to killington until they are the last resort open in New England, in May.

nice line up! And plan!

chuckstah

I'm doing the same and am weighing options between killington, Stratton, loon and gore. All are max pass except gore. Gore has the most snow in forecast. Killington best bet for ungroomed stuff.

Loon will be a complete shitshow tomorrow. A few hundred Brits and Irish school kids in town. Cover is thin, not enough trails to spread people out. Today skied OK with no crowds, except the groups, but cover was as thin as i have seen it. Snowmaking tonight on 19 trails, but that will just cover the dirt. Today's spring conditions will be solid in the morning.

SnowRock

Ended up at okemo. Was nice in the morning with some natural on top of the resurfacing they did last night. Pretty beat up by mid day but it helped satiate my hunger for some time on the snow. About to head back to jersey now and not looking forward to the drive.

spiderpig

Okemo did a pretty shit job closing 2 of their 5 open runs from the top to blow snow all day instead of doing it overnight. What they did do overnight was good except for nothing on Lower World Cup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

drjeff

Okemo did a pretty shit job closing 2 of their 5 open runs from the top to blow snow all day instead of doing it overnight. What they did do overnight was good except for nothing on Lower World Cup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

After skiing in 200+ running guns today at Mount Snow, many that were because of the temps they were AGGRESSIVELY trying to make snow in and as such were making paste that stuck to your goggles, not having to ski through that would of been nice!

KustyTheKlown

stratton was better than ok today with 5" fresh and ample snowgun help. legit powder on the ungroomed edges. just had to be careful for snakes lurking beneath the surface. way better than anything i was expecting, and such a short drive, relatively.

Newpylong

Ended up at okemo. Was nice in the morning with some natural on top of the resurfacing they did last night. Pretty beat up by mid day but it helped satiate my hunger for some time on the snow. About to head back to jersey now and not looking forward to the drive.

I don't know about closing the run but in regards to making it during the day they need every hour possible building up for xmas break. Monday morning the guns go off for another warm week.

slatham

Why would they close trails for snowmaking?

Cover may not be enough to safely open.

Guns may need to be placed in middle of trail to reach target area.