• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Would you get bored with 365-day skiing?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Suppose you lived somewhere in which 365-day a year skiing/boarding was available. And I don't mean ski Dubai. :0) I also presume you could make a good living, and have all the conveniences you are used to. Like suppose you lived in SLC and there was good, substantial snow in the hills 12 months a year. How many days would you be out there? Would you give up your other sports/activities? Could you get bored?

Last edited:

Tyrolean_skier

Since I am obsessed with skiing I don't think I would get bored if I had 365 days of it. However, I do love spring, summer and fall too with all those seasons have to offer so I don't mind if my skiing season starts in October and ends in June.

Geoff

I like salt water far too much to want 365 days of skiing. I prefer a week in South America to break up the summer rather than opt for an endless winter life.

wa-loaf

Well I wouldn't ski 365 days a year, but I'd never get bored if I could get out once or twice a week year round.

mondeo

Let's call it within a half hour of Mt. Hood or Whistler, where it's a possibility. I'd probably do somewhere around 120-150 days per year, easing up during the summer, but I doubt I'd ever get bored with it.

AMAC2233

I personally don't think I would enjoy it as much. Half the fun for me is the anticipation.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Since I am obsessed with skiing I don't think I would get bored if I had 365 days of it. However, I do love spring, summer and fall too with all those seasons have to offer so I don't mind if my skiing season starts in October and ends in June.
I agree. I love skiing but I'm not sure I would treasure it as much if it were available to me all the time. Because it isn't, it's that much more special to me. The same goes for the season changes. Sometimes I really get frustrated in the summer when it's really humid and hot, but I enjoy the fact that we do get to experience this variety--and with the summer comes the opportunity for swimming and other outdoor pursuits that can't be done during the winter months. I would maybe like 1-2 months more of skiing per year, but not at the sacrifice of the seasons.

speden

My knees couldn't take it. I'd be out with an injury before I got bored.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Moderating the boards would be much easier if there was skiing available year round, ya cranky bastids! :spin:

:lol:

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
I think I'd feel less compelled to be out there as much as I am each week. Right now I feel like I have to squeeze in as much skiing as I can, since it's only available for a limited time. I'd certainly be willing to give it a try!

Warp Daddy

Variety is the spice of life and ANY strength used to excess becomes a weakness!

So while i'm a ski nut, i am also easily bored and seek to experience many different activities . I am not change averse and actually look forward to doing differant activities when ski season is over

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
While I am pretty die hard about skiing and take extending my season more seriously than most, no way would I want to spend even half a year skiing everyday let alone a full year. I think anyone that says they would ski 365 days needs to get a life... or at least imagine the lift they do have extinguished and replaced by only skiing. There is far more to life than skiing and I appreciate as much of this world that I can with the limited amount of time I have.

4aprice

It depends upon what you mean by year round. I couldn't ski everyday because there's much more to do in life then just ski. On the other hand If I was near the snowfield at Mt Hood and it was summer I would do a few mornings then go boating, golf or do what ever. Living all my life here in the northeast means I've never had the chance to ski summers and thus its a strickly seasonal thing to me.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ