• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WROD, or will you wait?

WWF-VT

As much as I am anxious for the season to start I can't get overly excited about a 2-3 hour drive plus the expense of a lift ticket to ski on one or two trails

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
As much as I am anxious for the season to start I can't get overly excited about a 2-3 hour drive plus the expense of a lift ticket to ski on one or two trails

ya i havent had a day off from the nyc shitshow for a few months so going to vt for a vew days and meeting up with AZ's will be fun. its not all about the skiing. then the next day will be bell or hunter.

sledhaulingmedic

Considering a month ago a wasn't sure if I'd ski this season at all, I'll ski whatever's available once the doc clears me.

As GSS said, you never know when it might be your last chance.

Geoff

It's tough to ski 327 days in the past 3 seasons being a fairweather skier..

Whenever somebody complains about a cold day, a good friend o' mine always replies, "Well, it is a winter sport." ;)

I've been doing fall skiing my entire adult life. Halloween has always been the time when I meet back up with my winter friends I haven't seen much of in the previous 5 months. I'm glad Killington came to their senses this year after a year in the desert. Skiing the white ribbon is certainly better than the alternative.... not skiing.

For those of you who didn't want to drive a couple hours and drop a couple bucks to ski a WROD..I hope you were doing something even steezier instead of skiing like hitting up Crate and Barrel or maybe Home Depot if you had enough time..maybe even Bed Bath and Beyond..

deadheadskier

Staff member
For those of you who didn't want to drive a couple hours and drop a couple bucks to ski a WROD..I hope you were doing something even steezier instead of skiing like hitting up Crate and Barrel or maybe Home Depot if you had enough time..maybe even Bed Bath and Beyond..

I actually did hit up Crate and Barrel at the Quincy Market in Boston :lol: I really don't have an option not to when walking by one with J :lol:

...but also stayed in one of two Penthouse suites at the Custom House for $88 and bar hopped a bit around town. SAWHEET room. 23rd floor in what was the tallest building in Boston for 30 years, windows in three directions...south, east and west.

custom.jpg

I actually did hit up Crate and Barrel at the Quincy Market in Boston :lol: I really don't have an option not to when walking by one with J :lol:

...but also stayed in one of two Penthouse suites at the Custom House for $88 and bar hopped a bit around town. SAWHEET room. 23rd floor in what was the tallest building in Boston for 30 years, windows in three directions...south, east and west.

custom.jpg

Sounds nice but nothing like the Rutland/Killington Best Western..and we were on the 1st floor..which is way steezier in case of a fire or alien attack..lol..

skibum9995

I have no problem with WROD as long as it isn't so crowded you are constantly watching out for other people.

Terry

I'll do the WROD if it is where I have a pass or I don't have to drive to far. Once I get my fall comitments out of the way, it is ski season! Starting sunday! :daffy:

Vortex

Good point on the pass. I would have paid the $25 to ski at SR this weekend, but part of the reason I have a pass is so early or late season are never an issue. I grab a few runs, and when I want to stop I do.