• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You know you are getting older....

bvibert

Staff member
You know you're getting older when you understand half the nonsense in the "you know you are getting older...." threads (which I don't). :p

bigbog

...when....

watching television requires the mute button........like at practically every commercial.
wa-loaf:99999 said:
You know you old when you can remenisce about the smell of the purple ink in the hand-cranked mimeograph machine and no one's eyes light up with fond recall of that.
...sniffing the test paper...

Thanks noski...& wa-loaf! Ahhh...the sun's finally broken thru a little up here....Guys, that aroma comes close to the pine scent of the woods...or the taste of a good beer after working outside eh'!!

SteveD

Last edited:
When keyless entry is a new fangled device on a car...

When having a cellphone that takes pictures is no longer steezy..

Moe Ghoul

when you open a letter from your insurance company and it says thank you for 25 years of membership along with 2 bumper stickers that say "USAA- Quarter century member". Yeah, I tossed em out. Send me a bigger divvy check instead, lol.

drjeff

When you're laughing at the new direct tv retro movie clip commercials and younger folks are asking you "what's so funny?" :(

jimk

Bumping a 14 year old thread!! You know you're getting older when a kid younger than this thread gives you the razz.😘

I was riding my bike yesterday and I went by a bunch of middle and high schoolers letting out of a nearby school. One boy yelled at me, "hey grandpa!" I must have looked like a real old fogy pedaling my beater hybrid bike with a head of lettuce and a loaf of bread that I had just bought at the grocery store. I'm sure I deserved it. I became a first-time grandpa two years ago.🚴‍♂️

Scottyskis2

He was amazing musicians one of the best guitar players for s3te.
Going to find his music tonight and enjoy mjjjj:
"""On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing. After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss."""

Attachments

• facebook_1673474223817_7019059630855577436_2779614211311600.jpg
    facebook_1673474223817_7019059630855577436_2779614211311600.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jimk

Wow, hadn't heard. One of the giants of rock!
When you think about it, great musicians are among the most blessed among us. I'm sure it doesn't come without extreme effort and commitment, but their special talent holds up quite well over time compared to other "superstars" such as film actors, athletes, or most vocalists.