• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your oldest skiing pics

WoodCore

0013.jpg

Warp Daddy

OK here a few retro that are not digitized .

First one Is me and The Queen of the Hop and our now 45 y/o daughter and 42 yo son taken at Lake Placid at the Olympic Ski Trails in 1982 , i was rockin the stache big time then :D

Te other are me and my BIL in the early nineties rockin our one piece "fartbags " @ Wawa, Basting ourselves in the damn suits _LMAO

Check out the third one taken in the early nineties with those goofy assed Bula hats , this was taken @ Snow Ridge

Last edited:

Cornhead

This is Ajax(Aspen Mt) in 1969. I used a Kodak Instamatic. We were ski bumming around CO during college break, sleeping wherever we could(hotel basements, car, couches, etc.) The week in Aspen it snowed every night and every day was a bright bluebird masterpiece.

aspen2.jpg
saturday-night-live-season-1-20061204000845066.jpg

You could have some royalty checks coming.

Last edited:

ripzillia

5-78
5-78.jpg

2-77 (No cracks about the jacket or goggles.)
2-77.jpg

80 Tahoe
rose80.jpg

2012 ;-)
tapjjj.jpg

skiadikt

i'm gonna guess by how ugly i was that these two are from the late 70's. pretty "big" air for me. it was from a nelsap area in the catskills named scotch valley which later became deer run. fun little place. if i remember they had a bowling alley there so you could ski & bowl.

ski_retro1.jpg

ski_retro2.jpg

soposkier

i'm gonna guess by how ugly i was that these two are from the late 70's. pretty "big" air for me. it was from a nelsap area in the catskills named scotch valley which later became deer run. fun little place. if i remember they had a bowling alley there so you could ski & bowl.

ski_retro1.jpg

ski_retro2.jpg

Excuse my young ignorance, but what are those devices on the tips?

SkiDork

what were those called.... Can't remember the name but they were meant to prevent crossing the tips. Fad for a couple of years.