• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

maxpass replacement for NYC metro skiers: ikon or epic pass?

lerops

Hmmm. I actually don’t like skiing the super busy times and places. Maybe I will do the Base.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

Decisions decisions. Have to get the Epic for Stowe..not sure of the other as we do trips with the club and won't know where they are going until its announced.

nycskier

I Ski NY pass is a great deal if you want to ski in NY. It's [FONT=source_sans_proregular]a fully transferable pass (which means you can share it with friends and family) redeemable for one lift ticket per day at all Ski Areas of New York (SANY) member ski resorts and has no blackout days. In [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]2017 - 18 it was good at all these resorts: [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Belleayre Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Brantling, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Bristol Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Buffalo Ski Club (Weekdays only - non holiday periods), [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Catamount, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Dry Hill, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Four Seasons, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Gore Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Greek Peak Mountain Resort, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Holiday Valley Resort, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Holimont (Weekdays only - non holiday periods), [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Hunt Hollow Ski Club (weekdays only), [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Hunter Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Kissing Bridge, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Labrador Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]McCauley Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Mount Peter, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Oak Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Peek 'n Peak Resort, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Plattekill Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Royal Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Snow Ridge, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Song Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Swain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Thunder Ridge, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Titus Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Toggenburg Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]West Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Whiteface Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Willard Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Windham Mountain, [/FONT][FONT=source_sans_proregular]Woods Valley

[/FONT]
[FONT=source_sans_proregular]I think the pass was around $1200 this year. Its a great deal if you can split the days with another person.
[/FONT]
[FONT=source_sans_proregular]
[/FONT]
https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/iskiny-gold-pass

2planks2coasts

Plattekill season pass gets you the Freedom Pass. 3 days at each of their 14 resorts. Most are mom and pop places, but Magic is in there, as are Bolton Valley and Black Mountain, NH. www.freedompass.ski

PEAK pass could be an option if you can tolerate Hunter.

I had the MAX pass this season and loved it. If you take the ski buses from Manhattan though, the lift ticket is usually only $35 (midweek) or $40 (weekends) more than the bus ride alone, so that eases the sting a bit.

For the life of me, I have to wonder what the Ikon folks were thinking in not including 1 or 2 NYC (or YVR, or SEA for that matter) day trip areas.

Zermatt

I pulled the trigger on the Ikon Base last night. Kids for $150 was too good to pass up.

When do the Pico 3-Packs typically go on sale and when do they stop selling them? Might pick up a few of those to supplement some peak days.

gladerider

Looks like the prices are going up by $100 on 5/1

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

ugh my buddies are leaning towards epic. I'd be down if it was somewhere in soVT or NY instead of Sunapee. and ikon western options are so so much better.

SkiRay

Hope to see you at Pico!

I have a Belleayre season pass with the MAX add on this year.

I'll qualify first that I got the MAX because of the large variety of Eastern resorts including the Catskills areas. At this point in my life I'm not looking to ski out west. So the loss of the MAX kind of eliminated my interest in any of these multi resort packages.

I'll be getting a Killington/Pico season pass and have to decide whether I also get a Peaks pass or the ORDA 3 in 1 for Belleayre, Gore, and Whiteface. I need a pass that includes at least 1 Catskills area and I have grown to enjoy Belle. Leaning heavily towards the ORDA 3 in 1.

JimG - sure you have seen our work - maybe we can link turns at PICO.

Your plan -Killy/Pico and ORDA might be what we do too. We are not sure. The Max Pass was great. IKON - well its good though wish it offered more options for the East. Will it pay for itself, yes if we got it.

JimG.

Staff member
JimG - sure you have seen our work - maybe we can link turns at PICO.

Your plan -Killy/Pico and ORDA might be what we do too. We are not sure. The Max Pass was great. IKON - well its good though wish it offered more options for the East. Will it pay for itself, yes if we got it.

That would be nice.