• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Missing Whiteface Skier Found..........

cdskier

So apparently all the people jumping to the "evil scam" conclusion were wrong. Didn't I say we should wait until we get all the facts? (although I didn't quite think we'd have to wait 6 months)

I'd bet $1000 (Canadian) this was some dumb plot hatched by him and his wife gone wrong and he bailed out of it.

Better get that checkbook out! :thumbup:

Zand

This story still makes no sense to me. This truck driver drove for what must have been 3+ days with this guy who clearly wasn't right and just kept on going to California without thinking maybe I should call an ambulance or drop this guy off at a hospital? I feel like I have even more questions after that article than I did before.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
This story still makes no sense to me. This truck driver drove for what must have been 3+ days with this guy who clearly wasn't right and just kept on going to California without thinking maybe I should call an ambulance or drop this guy off at a hospital? I feel like I have even more questions after that article than I did before.

1+ And wearing ski boots? Vaugh can keep his 1k

cdskier

There are some quite strange truck drivers out there...so who knows what he was thinking. If the guy gave the trucker some money to drive him, the truck driver may not have cared about much else. I would like it if the truck driver came forward though and told what he knows.

Glenn

Agreed. That seems pretty odd. One would think the driver would try to get the guy help...especially if he was getting sick and sleeping all the time.

skiur

I still don't buy it, there is more to the story than that.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Also he wasn’t wearing his ski boots, this has been misreported several times, he had on regular winter boots in the pics and some sources reported it correctly. So although he fell while skiing he made it to where ever his boots were and changed? Aliens man, aliens

NYDB

Also he wasn’t wearing his ski boots, this has been misreported several times, he had on regular winter boots in the pics and some sources reported it correctly. So although he fell while skiing he made it to where ever his boots were and changed? Aliens man, aliens

article said:
He recalls climbing into the warm cab of a truck still clad in his ski boots and winter clothing.

It sounds like he changed later on?

BenedictGomez

I still don't buy it, there is more to the story than that.

Agreed. While the amnesia story is possible, it just seems there's too many odd things simultaneously taking place (having a large sum of $$$ on him, not being able to find the truckdriver, etc..) in addition to the obvious entire oddity of the story.

GregoryIsaacs

Agreed. While the amnesia story is possible, it just seems there's too many odd things simultaneously taking place (having a large sum of $$$ on him, not being able to find the truckdriver, etc..) in addition to the obvious entire oddity of the story.

Don't you have to walk like a half mile uphill just to get out of the main base area? Just crazy!

BenedictGomez

Don't you have to walk like a half mile uphill just to get out of the main base area? Just crazy!

The article says he made it back to the "hub of kids programming", which is the Bear Den Lodge, and that he mistook it for the main lodge. The writer seems to place a lot of significance on this, though I'm not sure why, even going as far as to call it "sparsely populated", whatever that means in this case.

In reality, the Bear Den Lodge isnt THAT far from the main lodge, and you have to walk right PAST the main lodge from the Bear Den lodge (downhill actually) anyway to get back to the main road. His next memory is getting in a truck on that road at Whiteface, and then his next memory after that is in Utah.