• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What in the Sam Hell is going on out West

kingslug

This season will be the first season I will be hoping for May to come around..so I can get on the track..where none of this shit is going on

deadheadskier

Staff member
This season will be the first season I will be hoping for May to come around..so I can get on the track..where none of this shit is going on
Pretty much

Only for me, substitute boat for track.

I'll make the best of the season and hope for a vaccine that returns things to mostly normal and a better 2021-2022 ski season.

Sent from my moto g power using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

Sigh...

My plan?

- Mountain bike till late December/early Jan, that's typically when snow will cover the trail or make it too wet to ride.

- Hike on trails that aren't too wet, yet. Probably the month of Jan

- When and if the snow got deep enough, xc ski (Minnewaska/Mohonk). Or bc skiing in the Cats. If not, continue with hiking. That would be late Jan through Feb, into March

- March, should be warm enough to hike or mountain bike.

- April, road ride.

Maybe we'll get a vaccine by then!!!

(Part of the reason I choose to live where I live is precisely because there're huge range of activities available!)

Last edited:

chuckstah

Complete opposite for me. I plan to ski every day, or night I can all season. The longer the better. Vermont is not in my ski equation as of now, but NH offers plenty of opportunity on Epic. Outdoor exercise has been on the top of things to do for months and will remain so.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

FBGM

Looks like Utah got a new governor. He’s a Mormon. No real difference from Herbie who was the past dude.

If Covid was only passed via Vagina sex all would be safe.

EPB

Looks like Utah got a new governor. He’s a Mormon. No real difference from Herbie who was the past dude.

If Covid was only passed via Vagina sex all would be safe.
No fan of Mormonism, but it seems like it owns space in your head. Can't say I blame you though.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

Too bad we have a 2nd home in Vt and its going to be a PITA to use it..NH would be good but thats a hell of a day trip..could always do hotels..Hunter is always an option..wonder what a shit show that will be...but its close. If its a good winter we'll make the best of it. Nothing has ever stopped us yet.

cdskier

Wouldnt you have to do that COVID19 test & quarantine before you're allowed to ski? Assuming you actually paid attention to it.

I don't think so. States that border NY are exempt from their travel advisory and restrictions.

BenedictGomez

No fan of Mormonism, but it seems like it owns space in your head. Can't say I blame you though.

They seem like the nicest people, frankly. Sure, as far as religions go they've got some odd stuff going on, but it doesnt affect me other than the booze laws when I there. If it werent for the insane alcohol laws they wouldnt bother me a bit. Also, why does there need to be a church every 1/2 mile? Why not just built bigger churches. This puzzles me.

kingslug

You can get as drunk as you want there now..20 years ago it was strange..now..no problem...just don't ask them to make an old fashion for you..that turned out ...poorly

BenedictGomez

Same in the south. Churches on every corner. Out in the countryside trailers are churches. Just people trying to make a living off of believers

Another anti-religious spiel, but it makes no sense. It would be cheaper for the Mormons to have fewer churches, less "dead end" real estate, and simply bigger churches than zillions of tiny churches.

You can get as drunk as you want there now..20 years ago it was strange..now..no problem...just don't ask them to make an old fashion for you..that turned out ...poorly

You cant have a home kegerator system. That is nuts.