• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Response to COVID-19

gittist

This (among other things) is from the Vermont Ski Resort COVID-19 Winter Operations Guidance at https://accd.vermont.gov/content/vermont-ski-resort-covid-19-winter-operations-guidance:

"Resorts should collect names, phone numbers, email addresses and addresses in electronic form of all users of a day-use lodge, when they used the lodge, and where they sat, and retain the list for 30 days."

So when you go to the bathroom the COVID police will be documenting which toilet, urinal, or sink you used?

Don't be surprised if some ski areas just say to heck with it and don't open.

Slidebrook87

This (among other things) is from the Vermont Ski Resort COVID-19 Winter Operations Guidance at https://accd.vermont.gov/content/vermont-ski-resort-covid-19-winter-operations-guidance:

"Resorts should collect names, phone numbers, email addresses and addresses in electronic form of all users of a day-use lodge, when they used the lodge, and where they sat, and retain the list for 30 days."

So when you go to the bathroom the COVID police will be documenting which toilet, urinal, or sink you used?

Don't be surprised if some ski areas just say to heck with it and don't open.

And what the hell are ski resorts/Vermont supposed to do with that data other than contact tracing if they find out that you test positive or something? Seems way too extra. I know I’ve said it before, but be smart, wear a mask, and keep your distance. That’s what matters this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdskier

Just don't go in the lodge. Car..ski..car

That's what I've done on 90% of my ski days historically. Only time I use the lodge is on super cold days to warm up a bit or I might eat in one of the bars on the mountain if I'm hosting some friends that want to. Otherwise I usually eat a late lunch off the mountain when I'm done skiing.

Keelhauled

And what the hell are ski resorts/Vermont supposed to do with that data other than contact tracing if they find out that you test positive or something? Seems way too extra. I know I’ve said it before, but be smart, wear a mask, and keep your distance. That’s what matters this season.

That's EXACTLY what they do with it, well, what the state will do with it anyway. It's not extra, it's the bare minimum of what you do if you want to track and control a highly contagious person-to-person transmitted disease. JFC, it's not like they're asking for the world here, it's the same standard most other non-retail businesses in the state are already held to.

cdskier

That's EXACTLY what they do with it, well, what the state will do with it anyway. It's not extra, it's the bare minimum of what you do if you want to track and control a highly contagious person-to-person transmitted disease. JFC, it's not like they're asking for the world here, it's the same standard most other non-retail businesses in the state are already held to.

I agree with pretty much everything they're expected to collect other than the "where they sat" part. Not quite sure how you track that one.

BenedictGomez

JFC, it's not like they're asking for the world here, it's the same standard most other non-retail businesses in the state are already held to.

Why aren't Vermont retail businesses doing the same?

Does the coronavirus die from exposure to low-margin price points?

urungus

I agree with pretty much everything they're expected to collect other than the "where they sat" part. Not quite sure how you track that one.

I think most places are requiring reservations to dine in the lodge ? And so they are probably already tracking the table # for each reservation for capacity management.

Here is Magic’s policy:

There will be no entering the lodge for tables/changing/bag storage without an indoor table reservation due to VT State indoor capacity restrictions (75 max per unique space) and have guest contact tracing information. There will be no bag storage for guests inside other than those with an 8:30am table reservation at the BLT.

djd66

Does this mean you have to reserve a time in the bathroom stall, LOL

I can see it now,... I’d like a reservation for 1 in the men’s room after my 8:30 coffee

If it comes down to it, I will go in the woods, no lodge bathroom for me.

abc

I think many skiers will be feeling this way as well and just won't bother this season.
There was a point that I was interested in buying a pass. But, after granting me an exception to the renewal deadline, they NEVER get back to me to answer my question.

Multiple e-mail follow-up when entirely into a black hole. Phone lines were so busy they won't even put me on hold!

In the meantime, while I wait, the detail started to come in. I'm more and more discouraged with the prospect of the season. I'm biw joining the rank of "won't bother"!

If it's this difficult to even get a response to purchase a pass, do I REALLY want to hand over my hard earned money into this same black hole???

NYDB

Looking to defer my IKON at this point due to the Covid blowing up out west and NY's quarantine rules upon re entry. I don't see that getting any better anytime soon, save a widely distributed vaccine.

And I doubt K will assault superstar like years past so I doubt there will be a late spring at K. So I'm not burning an entire years IKON passes on 6 days at Stratton and K.

I hope we can get some use out of our Magic passes but only time will tell on that front. We will only go if we can comply with VT quarantine rules. Maybe we can eek out 10 days there this winter if things work out. Unless the kids go to full remote, then I suspect we will be able to get up there a bit more. One thing is for certain, I am not going to put my kids in the position of having to lie, or listen to me lie, to some mountain staff upon check in. There are things more important than skiing.