• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Aspen Covid Outbreak

deadheadskier

Staff member

Not the ski area, but with the staff at The St Regis Hotel in town.

Interesting thing not discussed about how Covid will impact skiing. There will likely be many outbreaks like this that compromise staffing; especially out West where they are so reliant on imported staff living in employee housing.

I lived in numerous employee housing complexes during my younger resort working days. They pack you in like Sardines. Easy to see the virus spreading like wildfire in them. Bet we read stories like this is me quite often this winter.

As a side note, my college girlfriend worked at the St Regis in 2001. I went out to visit her and ski. One night I went to pick her up from work at the St Regis. Her shift wasn't done, so I grabbed a drink at the lobby bar. $14.27 for a well margarita. In 2001. I'll never forget the sticker shock. Wonder what they charge today. Probably $20 at least.

Cobbold

Interesting thing not discussed about how Covid will impact skiing. There will likely be many outbreaks like this that compromise staffing; especially out West where they are so reliant on imported staff living in employee housing.

I lived in numerous employee housing complexes during my younger resort working days. They pack you in like Sardines. Easy to see the virus spreading like wildfire in them. Bet we read stories like this is me quite often this winter.

As a side note, my college girlfriend worked at the St Regis in 2001. I went out to visit her and ski. One night I went to pick her up from work at the St Regis. Her shift wasn't done, so I grabbed a drink at the lobby bar. $14.27 for a well margarita. In 2001. I'll never forget the sticker shock. Wonder what they charge today. Probably $20 at least.
similiar story, 1985 or so went to ca, stopped in this upscale hotel in la for a cold one, 4 dollars for a bud, 2.25 bucks got you a whole six pack,lol back then, didn’t want to appear cheap so after the first ordered another one,lol

thetrailboss

Staff member

Not good.