• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Singles Line

abc

Hard to do when you are already at the line and they come speeding up
You could stand in the middle of the loading area. That MAY discourage anyone who wants to join you.

I had a somewhat similar situation the other day. I was in an elevator. It stopped at a floor that's not my destination. So I knew someone was waiting outside the door. Just so they don't come in, I stood at the door, blocking it. That stopped them (a couple) right in their track. They backed up, wait for the next elevator...

Smellytele

Was lapping the north side with the wife in hunter since lines were relatively short. We usually don't mind one or two get on the six pack as long as they are following protocol. On one instance, 3 maga locals came in through the singles line, grouped up together, squeezed up next to us, thus squeezing out the single that was on the other side of us, noticed that there were too many to fit on the six pack, and said to each other "we don't need no social distancing". We just let them go ahead and took the next chair up.
Did they have the maga hats on? How did you know? Judging books by their covers?

Puck it

You could stand in the middle of the loading area. That MAY discourage anyone who wants to join you.

I had a somewhat similar situation the other day. I was in an elevator. It stopped at a floor that's not my destination. So I knew someone was waiting outside the door. Just so they don't come in, I stood at the door, blocking it. That stopped them (a couple) right in their track. They backed up, wait for the next elevator...
Dick move.

drjeff

The folks who seem to disregard the instructions from those doing the pairing up in the queue lanes in the proper socially distanced way, seem to be the same folks who say go through the singles line as a double or triple, and the just push their entitled selves out into the line.

Although I did see 2 guys at Mount Snow today in the Bluebird line, both of whom by the looks of them have likely been receiving their social security checks for a few years, just blatantly push out as a double from the singles line, when the line attendant had called only 1 of them out to pair up with a double that the line attendant had just called out to head for the lift, with the older gentleman both at first trying to plead ignorance and then copping at attitude at the line attendant, and the double...

da-bum

Did they have the maga hats on? How did you know? Judging books by their covers?
Didn't want to flag out any specific person but one of them use to wear a full sized TRUMP license plate on the back of jacket.

da-bum

The ones that does that usually are the ones that doesn't care about covid protocols, such as chatting with friends on the line with their mask off. They do this even in the regular season, either that or not move forward when everyone head out of the gate for the chair and instead wait for the next one, probably so they can spread out, smoke some weed or just ride up w/o lowering the bar.

abc

The ones that does that usually are the ones that doesn't care about covid protocols, such as chatting with friends on the line with their mask off. They do this even in the regular season, either that or not move forward when everyone head out of the gate for the chair and instead wait for the next one, probably so they can spread out, smoke some weed or just ride up w/o lowering the bar.
I'm not hoping to appeal to their best nature.

By standing in the middle, they would have to wait for you to move to give them enough room to fit. If there's enough time for you to move side ways, there's also enough time for you to move out of the way of the chair and let them go up by themselves. Then you wouldn't need to ride with them. That's all.

tnt1234

Same yesterday great skiing. I was shocked to see cars lining the access road quite a ways down. Never seemed crowded to me.
Faily heading t Platty Sunday. There was a chance of some snow Saturday, but seems to be petering out. Looking forward to it. My wife's first time there.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

killington pairs two singles on the six. yesterday this guy behind me in the singles line in a camo jacket, no mask, carhartts over jeans, who kept getting close enough to be stepping on the tails of my skis, slide out and rode 3 with me and the single in front of me. i wanted to throw him off the fucking lift. i bet he had a lot of fun storming the capitol building last week. i took the triple up snowdon for the rest of the day.
3 on a 6? Do you think you will live? Shouldn't you quarantine?

tnt1234

People shouldn't be assholes is all.

The resorts say 2 to a 4 or 6...and people are comfortable with that, so they come to the resort. So don't fuck with it or you are messing with them. For what? Saving 30 seconds of a chair lift right?

It's stupid. We're in a pandemic. People are trying to stay distant to avoid transmission. And we're also trying to get outdoors and enjoy a sport we love. To do both these things we have to inconvenience ourselves a bit and ride the lifts not full. Small price.

mlkrgr

People shouldn't be assholes is all.

The resorts say 2 to a 4 or 6...and people are comfortable with that, so they come to the resort. So don't fuck with it or you are messing with them. For what? Saving 30 seconds of a chair lift right?

It's stupid. We're in a pandemic. People are trying to stay distant to avoid transmission. And we're also trying to get outdoors and enjoy a sport we love. To do both these things we have to inconvenience ourselves a bit and ride the lifts not full. Small price.
Many people at Wachusett have been using the singles line for a shorter wait. They call up 2 singles at a time from the same line at polar express and now if a group of 2 splits up the other one will sometimes sneak in through the gate so they won't have 4 chairs separating them given there's 4 other grouped lines set up.

abc

Many people at Wachusett have been using the singles line for a shorter wait. They call up 2 singles at a time from the same line at polar express and now if a group of 2 splits up the other one will sometimes sneak in through the gate so they won't have 4 chairs separating them given there's 4 other grouped lines set up.
People are soooooo selfish!

4 Chairs! End of the world!!!

For groups using the singles line in the first place...

Talk about dick move!

Mt_Wawasee

there are no signs at Wachusett saying the singles line is a singles line. I don't think they have the logistics
figured out yet.

KustyTheKlown

i quarantine after traveling out of state either way because i'm not an inconsiderate prick like you.

killington puts two people on a six. i don't like sittting 2 feet from MAGA joe who was literally skiing in jeans and no mask.

McFatt

Attitash still has no singles line. Crotched gave no fu*ks about singles lines last night

tnt1234

i quarantine after traveling out of state either way because i'm not an inconsiderate prick like you.

killington puts two people on a six. i don't like sittting 2 feet from MAGA joe who was literally skiing in jeans and no mask.
Yep.

beyond.the.lodge

Anyone aware whether or not Bromley has a singles line this year?

Seems mixed this year. Crotched, Okemo, and Mount Snow do, yet Stowe and Mount Sunapee do not

mikec142

Anyone aware whether or not Bromley has a singles line this year?

Seems mixed this year. Crotched, Okemo, and Mount Snow do, yet Stowe and Mount Sunapee do not
If they are following VT state guidance there would be no singles line as you're not supposed to ride the lift with anyone outside the group that you arrived at the mountain with...Sugarbush has no singles lines.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

99bd37401db1f61cf79430da9e121bd11fe5c531140597b9a54db85fed7937a0.jpg