• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Europe 2022 ?

urungus

I saw them at Oxford as well. Think that was the day the guy parachuted in.
Went to another show at Oxford to see Van Hagar, Scorpions and Metallica. That one was a shit show. Got stuck in traffic on 95. we got out of the car and we were playing frisbee in the middle of the highway. Some guys were giving out drafts from a keg out of the side of their van. Girl friend got hammered and passed out. she had white pants on and fell face first into a mud puddle when we arrived at the speedway. good times.

What, no love for Dokken or Kingdom Clone, LOL ? Saw that show at Candlestick, good times indeed.

963F77C8-F664-4D09-90E6-8DF8ADD562B2.jpeg

Pez

i was listening to 5/8/77 today.

i also was at that oxford monsters of rock show. my folks drove us up from the cape. it rained the whole day. we got there, saw 3 scorpions songs and then lightnig started and the show stopped. some how my buddy and i saw my folks car parked or in traffic trying to leave. we ran out the gate, and made it to the car. best descision ever. what a mess. lol

Smellytele

i was listening to 5/8/77 today.

i also was at that oxford monsters of rock show. my folks drove us up from the cape. it rained the whole day. we got there, saw 3 scorpions songs and then lightnig started and the show stopped. some how my buddy and i saw my folks car parked or in traffic trying to leave. we ran out the gate, and made it to the car. best descision ever. what a mess. lol
I think they came back out after the rain stopped

Pez

Bump and getting this back on track.

Anyone committing to a Europe trip this season?

crank

Back on track.

We just put a deposit down on a flight for our ski club's long delayed trip to Italy's Dolomites. The hotel part of the package was paid for 2 years ago and we can still use it. Our airfare dollars returned. If we get to go, airfare is only about $50 more than it was back in March 2020 when trip was cancelled.

One bonus is the Dolomiti Superski pass is now included on Ikon (we have full Ikon passes for the coming season) so that will save us some $....assuming we can actually travel t Europe in March. Big if.

Bit of a Dead Head I am. Europe '72 is a great album and is my favorite live one. Love the Cornell show as well. Favorite shows though were the first time I saw them in 1970 at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY and Watkins Glen Summer Jam in 1973. Yes I am old.

catskillman

so - do you think Biden's directive today about vaccine requirements may loosen up the US entry entry into Eorope

DreamWalker

Back on track.

We just put a deposit down on a flight for our ski club's long delayed trip to Italy's Dolomites. The hotel part of the package was paid for 2 years ago and we can still use it. Our airfare dollars returned. If we get to go, airfare is only about $50 more than it was back in March 2020 when trip was cancelled.

One bonus is the Dolomiti Superski pass is now included on Ikon (we have full Ikon passes for the coming season) so that will save us some $....assuming we can actually travel t Europe in March. Big if.

Bit of a Dead Head I am. Europe '72 is a great album and is my favorite live one. Love the Cornell show as well. Favorite shows though were the first time I saw them in 1970 at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY and Watkins Glen Summer Jam in 1973. Yes I am old.
Congratulations on taking the big step of putting down a deposit on your flight for your long-awaited trip to the Dolomites! The hotel has already been paid for and the refund for the tickets is a stroke of luck. The savings with the Ikon pass are a big plus. Let your traveling experience be unforgettable. If you need a comfortable airport transfer, here's a link to consider: https://atobtransfer.com/usa/newark-airport-taxi/. And your musical memories are inspiring!

abc

Some forums choose to lock a thread if there’s no activity for say 6 months.

It would help to prevent not just spammers but also first time posters who, after a search for something they want, suddenly found the urge to respond to a question posted 10 years earlier!

Hawk

I have hard drive with many of the sound board recordings from 72 on it. I friend of mine that was an original Archive.org guy shared it with my a bunch of years back. Every show from the year 1972 including many of the tapers versions that they collected. To me it is priceless.

crank

I have a CD the Dead published from Frankfurt , Germany on the '72 tour called Hundred Year Hall. I must have listened to it a dozen times before I realized that Jerry sang the second verse of China Cat twice and omitted the third verse. Good version too.

Wife and I are contemplating Chamonix in February. I'm thinking it would be fun to ski le Vallee Blanche on my 67th birthday.

Last edited: