• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Snow production has good up high, but they had guns going to where the chair crosses overhead and they produced absolutely nothing. Temps have been marginal and wet bulb has not been cooperating.

I wonder if high diesel prices have impacted their forecast with how aggressive they want to be to blow to the bottom between now and next weekend.

Newpylong

He likely means the compressors, but as far as I know they are ancient Joy electric compressors. The only hill I know of that still have diesel pumps is Wildcat - their boosters are because they can't get 3PH up the hill.

Puck it

He likely means the compressors, but as far as I know they are ancient Joy electric compressors. The only hill I know of that still have diesel pumps is Wildcat - their boosters are because they can't get 3PH up the hill.
I think Cannon has upgraded their in the main pump house and they have the brand new pump house near Goat path entrance or exit. I can tell the difference with that run.

machski

Snow production has good up high, but they had guns going to where the chair crosses overhead and they produced absolutely nothing. Temps have been marginal and wet bulb has not been cooperating.
Hill looked nice bathed in white last night as I drove by.
SR was very good yesterday, even after the warm opening day Thursday. Just read, they are officially TTB today on the Punches. Cascade has good initial cover and they are working that, Ecstacy looked close yesterday so guessing by full open to day tickets tomorrow, Barker Quad likely in play. Not sure how close RS is, may be in play tomorrow too depending on production last night and today/night.

thebigo

SR was very good yesterday, even after the warm opening day Thursday. Just read, they are officially TTB today on the Punches. Cascade has good initial cover and they are working that, Ecstacy looked close yesterday so guessing by full open to day tickets tomorrow, Barker Quad likely in play. Not sure how close RS is, may be in play tomorrow too depending on production last night and today/night.
Do they typically work on spruce or south ridge after Locke and barker are done?

Puck it

It is very thin though. It was snowing on and off all day yesterday. Guns are lit up top again and on mid Cannon as far as I can see.

machski

Do they typically work on spruce or south ridge after Locke and barker are done?
Spruce will be next, first just lower half of Risky to tie in Lazy to Tourist Trap. Rumors of guns on Amex yesterday, didn't notice that myself. I'd be shocked a bit, they usually hit Upper Risky next as it's just half a trail to open Spruce Triple. After Spruce opens, they usually try for Lower Lazy and Broadway in South Ridge and Easy Street to complete the Barker Link.

Smellytele

Spruce will be next, first just lower half of Risky to tie in Lazy to Tourist Trap. Rumors of guns on Amex yesterday, didn't notice that myself. I'd be shocked a bit, they usually hit Upper Risky next as it's just half a trail to open Spruce Triple. After Spruce opens, they usually try for Lower Lazy and Broadway in South Ridge and Easy Street to complete the Barker Link.
Did look like upper risky that they were blowing snow on.
There were some pileups on a couple of choke points on lower sunday punch. scrapped off messes just before a few of the choke points.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sugarloaf opening tomorrow. Some question why bother opening on a Monday. I think it's a smart move. Let people ski on it a few days before the holiday weekend. Seems to help cut down death cookies etc. So, the surface will be better for the masses.

Dickc

That is OK, my priorities are a bit different on skiing now that I've had 4 back surgeries in 5 years. I'll wait for some decent snow and more than a WROD to venture out.