• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2020-21 Sunday River

thebigo

Awesome day, we are closing in on 70 and this was one of the best. Boyne just tries harder, they deliver a far better experience than any of the other big players.

Attachments

• 20220318_131043.jpg
    20220318_131043.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20220318_130532.jpg
    20220318_130532.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 29

parahelia

Agreed - we’ve had a great season at Sunday River despite subpar weather. Today was just terrific. The sun is melting things fast, but there were awesome big bumps to be had on Shockwave and Top Gun. The vibe at White Cap was all spring - people spilling out everywhere, music, slush.

I just hope tomorrow’s rain doesn’t wash out too much. I was hoping for another month or so.

76FAF4E0-959A-438C-BA7C-0DA0BA1875A2.jpeg
Sweet shockwave bumps

Newpylong

Booster station going in top of Chondola this off season as well as new valve stations on top of Spruce and Jordan with 1 on bottom of Amex. MH next phase also supposedly happenening.

My friend is doing the snowmaking work as a contractor.

machski

Isn't enchanted forest below Northwoods...

View attachment 53749
Mm, the map wants to blenderize it all. Enchanted forest is really marked as skier's right of Absolutely which is the North Peak Liftline trail below Ridge Run. North Woods starts as a double black Glade adjacent to Northern Exposure (upper North liftline) and then is a marked black below Ridge Run. Honestly, they also cut a path wide enough for a cat to groom from Absolutely down and just below Eddie's house and then down to the exit of North Woods when snow depth permits. So the kiddos can ski easily to Eddie's (it has tire swings and a few other kid favorites outside it).

KustyTheKlown

yea, i havent been to sunday river yet this year but I've been planning out this coming weekend and saw they still have over 100 trails open. and that webcam looks pretty damn good. i got a cheap hotel in lincoln nh, plan to drive up Friday, hit the river Saturday, and hit waterville or loon sunday.

Razor

River opens at 8 on Saturday and will be packed. Get there early. Loon will be packed on Sunday as well.

thebigo

After a beautiful day on the mountain, we’re celebrating by turning on the snow guns! Snowmakers are ready and waiting to get on the hill and get those guns firing top to bottom – we're planning on making snow overnight across Exodus, Grand Junction, Upper and Lower Bear Claw and turning on the fans at Governor Adams Base too.

This is why Boyne can charge a premium for their passes.

JDMRoma

This is why Boyne can charge a premium for their passes.
You get what you pay for ! my first year with the NE Bronze pass, Loon mid week has been pretty darn good all season . Already renewed for next year.

machski

The River was fantastic this afternoon! Spring corn, with a couple inches of snozzle on top, reopened iCarumba! for sendoff weekend at Jordan and made Top Gun, Vortex, Shockwave and White Heat a ton of fun! If you're looking for great skiing and deep base depths, look no further and get up here!PXL_20220325_192901859.jpg
PXL_20220325_191330108.jpg
PXL_20220325_191100328.jpg

machski

A little shiny in that 2nd pic
No doubt there is ice on the upper part of the run, but its what is holding the base together so well up there. Skied right over it, didn't really mess up the skiing honestly. Enough fresh snurf down I guess to blend with the melting/wet ice. Still delighted they had it open, kind of doubt it would be if this wasn't the goodbye weekend.