• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

drjeff

They opened oct 1. Not sure how many are up and running yet. Prob some in btv and rut at least?

The 2 licensed stores near Mount Snow seem to be targeting the semi vague "late October/early November" opening timeframe on their social media feeds, and both of those locations had done a fair amount of work in their places ahead of their licenses being approved

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I skied in Europe a few times with family, and the on mountain food (at the huttes) was excellent, came out fast, and not too expensive. Since everyone was drinking I tried it a few times, one beer.

In the afternoon, I couldn't keep up with my nieces (10 and 12 yo at the time) in the bumps after lunch. It just doesn't improve the experience.

Now the only time I drink at the hill is at the best bar in NY, at Plattekill. Or on closing day at Gore if someone shares. For the life of me I can't get the bartenders attention at Gore.

MidnightJester

Hmmmmm, Did Skiing or Golf have mid course drinking first. Modern drinks on the links is literally rubbing off by adding Bars to the Trails and Lift intersections or Vise versa

Last edited:

urungus

Do any ski areas in the northeast other than Magic have snow/ice bars ? I’ve been to Magic’s snow bar at Sunshine Corner a few times for a warming shot and it was a fun place to hang out

Granite1

I'm guessing dealers are driven by money. Would you add expense to the product that you can't charge for?
It's not your local drug dealer that is lacing weed and pills with fentanyl. It's the drug cartels that are doing it to get people addicted to it.

skiur

It's not your local drug dealer that is lacing weed and pills with fentanyl. It's the drug cartels that are doing it to get people addicted to it.
Weed isn't getting laced with fentanyl except in the rarest of occasions.

snoseek

This makes a good argument for legal safe weed if it was something that actually happened.

I don't know one person that consumes that old cheap shitty imported brick weed in this day and age.

deadheadskier

Staff member

TyWebb

In my younger years I smoked a lot and now just in the evening at home, when I see live music, hike, etc - one of those guys who can not work while high but enjoy for recreational and the benefits for the aches and pains of a 51 year old. Mixed feelings on cannabis + skiing though I have never done it before.

Always have a beer or two tops at lunch but never have I been drunk on the mountain - just too dangerous for me and most importantly other skiers. I have never skied high but can see how some would really enjoy it and get in 'that groove.'
I would claim it is much less dangerous thn skiing drunk and with the tolerance/control so many people have while under the influence of cannabis it works for them. The negative would be with younger, immature less experienced smokers on the mountain - think things can get dangerous with that demographic.

//Oh and whom ever mentioned the costs comparisons here in the East (I'm in Pa) with dispensaries out west - spent last weekend visiting my daughter who is a freshman @ UC Boulder - wow at those prices - stocked myself up and I'm set for the next bunch of months

KustyTheKlown

In my younger years I smoked a lot and now just in the evening at home, when I see live music, hike, etc - one of those guys who can not work while high but enjoy for recreational and the benefits for the aches and pains of a 51 year old. Mixed feelings on cannabis + skiing though I have never done it before.

Always have a beer or two tops at lunch but never have I been drunk on the mountain - just too dangerous for me and most importantly other skiers. I have never skied high but can see how some would really enjoy it and get in 'that groove.'
I would claim it is much less dangerous thn skiing drunk and with the tolerance/control so many people have while under the influence of cannabis it works for them. The negative would be with younger, immature less experienced smokers on the mountain - think things can get dangerous with that demographic.

//Oh and whom ever mentioned the costs comparisons here in the East (I'm in Pa) with dispensaries out west - spent last weekend visiting my daughter who is a freshman @ UC Boulder - wow at those prices - stocked myself up and I'm set for the next bunch of months

I came back from Oregon with like 10 vape cartridges. Those are so expensive here, and not very good. $20 per in Oregon for the tastiest live resin cartridges

Domeskier

I have qualms about eating restaurant-prepared food. No way I'm consuming something some low-level criminal stuffed into a baggie and transported in his underwear to the point of purchase. I'd sooner eat a hotdog from a food cart on 42 street.

crank

Interesting how this turned into a weed thread.

So just yesterday I started getting these ads on FB for mail order weed from CA claiming it's legal for the to send it to all 50 states. They are wrong about that.

However, I know a local guy who gets is shipped regularly from CA and always has a few different strains and cookies that he sells. His prices are about 25% less than MA dispensaries. I haven't been to any in NJ yet which is closer for us. I brought some back from a trip to Las Vegas last month and have enough to last until we head to VT to ski. (Weed is cheap in Vegas) I did visit a smoke shop on a reservation out in the Hamptons where they sold a hodgepodge of stuff, all from CA, that seemed pretty pricey and I did not make any purchases.

I've been skiing stoned for close to 50 years now; it's just normal for me. Day to day I often go for days without imbibing any bu usually have a hit or so most evenings.

Jamming, hiking, biking, concerts, trips to Costco I am usually enhancing the experience.

Hawk

So many people I know now grow it. I really don't pay for it at all. But then again I don't smoke that much. Mostly when I ski and not during bike season prior to the PMC.

Granite1

I came back from Oregon with like 10 vape cartridges. Those are so expensive here, and not very good. $20 per in Oregon for the tastiest live resin cartridges
Live resin cartridges.....that sounds like a really healthy substance to inhale!!!!!