• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2022 -2023 Mountain / Road Bike

BodeMiller1

Just picked up a Diamond Back bike. It's black and purple.
Just getting it dialed in. The Derailers are sticky.

BodeMiller1

I have the bike dialed in. I like not having any fork or frame shocks. This bike is very predictable.
No fat tires. File under speed merchant. Meow

BodeMiller1

Went up Rattle Snake Hill behind Blossom Hill Cemetary in Concord NH yesterday. Found what I think was Perry's #2 quarry. With the leaves mostly down good views of the old operation. All the Mt. Bikers say Highlands is good, this place is a rock hoppers dream. There are 20 or more miles of trails in the area and Ice water falls to rival the whites. There are natural caves and a 20 acre birch forest with huge boulders and lots of bobcats on the north shoulder (toward Fisk Hill). On the SW face are the ghost quarries (prison) and you always see porcupines. There are over a 100 quarries up there and new ones to be found. I've skied the hill too many times to count.

This is a stock photo. I'll get some more soon....

Attachments

• QP2.jpg
    QP2.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 7

BodeMiller1

It just keep getting better. Very efficient. 3/4 of an z of indica and a case of Buzzweiser a month. Meow

BodeMiller1

Styrofoam, 4 inches of crust...

Speed, traction, shoulder injury, repeat....

I'm going the distance.

Meow

BodeMiller1

But tell me, did you sail across the sun? Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded And that Heaven is overrated? And tell me, did you fall for a shooting star? One without a permanent scar, and did you miss me While you were looking for yourself out there?

But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet? Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day And head back to the Milky Way? And tell me, did Venus blow your mind? Was it everything you wanted to find, and did you miss me While you were looking for yourself out there?

Attachments

• il_794xN.1755588723_6l73.jpg
    il_794xN.1755588723_6l73.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 0

BodeMiller1

Absolutly screaming around The North East shoulder of Rattle Snake Hill.

Frozen everthing, fast the Blosson Hill Cemetary.

Attachments

• InkedOld_LI.jpg
    InkedOld_LI.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Blossom-Hill-November-2017-1024x768.jpg
    Blossom-Hill-November-2017-1024x768.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 3

BodeMiller1

Here's a fun one. This is the old Boston and Maine Turntable in Concord. There's a huge "warehouse" where they used to repair stuff. This is where the Engine would be taken off the main track and this would let them send it to be repaired or what not. It's still in tact butt, hasn't been used since I'm guessing the 1950's.

Not a great bike ride, lots of old and new trash all over...

Attachments

• TrainTurnTable.jpg
    TrainTurnTable.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 8

BodeMiller1

Second time in two weeks ended up in the ER from getting hit on Mt Bike.

First time, the motorist didn't stop so I threw a chunk of ice at the rear window.

Last night an uninsured chick hit me on Main St. Uninsured smoking a cigarette and fat. She was a big girl...

Life is weird, yea life is weird.

BodeMiller1

It was as cold on Mt. Washington as Mars last night. Still hit whoville hard.

Attachments

• WV.jpg
    WV.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 7

BodeMiller1

Blew out the left paddle shifter. Trying to fix it. I guess the grease stiffens up when cold.

BodeMiller1

Not moose nor bear or any other horrible horrible can take Ms. Tilley. She always fights the same way (except for birds). She bites the pray on the nose and then clings to the neck and wiggles. She's attacked bears, pittbulls, (killed my mother's cat (meow). The cool thing is she looks harmless. The truth is, she is the ultimate hunter. If she sees something she is not happy until it's dead.

She sneaks up on birds and then takes them in the air at about 5' to 8'. If there's a tree around she'll climb it and launch.

Is she a good dog? Good dogs don't kill the cat.

Meow

This thread is as good as any, no she does not ride a bike. (n)

Attachments

• Ms. Tilley.jpg
    Ms. Tilley.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 11
  • MT.jpg
    MT.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11

NYDB

Second time in two weeks ended up in the ER from getting hit on Mt Bike.

First time, the motorist didn't stop so I threw a chunk of ice at the rear window.

Last night an uninsured chick hit me on Main St. Uninsured smoking a cigarette and fat. She was a big girl...

Life is weird, yea life is weird.
did you get her number ?

"she tastes like cigarettes"

BodeMiller1

Putting another layer of "paint" (fingernail polish) on the black and purple bike. Needs a lot of work, had many crashes this winter. Thinking about putting a solar panel on the back. Also, thinking about bears.