• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burton's "Poach for Freedom" Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
Last note: I looked at what I believe was Gregs videos of MRG today from U-Tube and it brought back some great memories

Dis be it?

Once MRG goes 100%, I'm there!

WoooHoooo

I am picking up snowboarding....I could use the xtra 5k! Now I need a cinematographer!

Is that gonna cost a lot of $$$$$?

Hey Free Heel, I have plenty of open court time, Let me know when you want to come by the clup and play a few sets.

dmc

No more like the difference between watching some wanna-be in a local band verses a real muscian

I am a real muscian... Ask anyboidy who's seen me play...

Nice job... But I'm pretty comfortable with my playing..

I was going to toss in a blast about doctors... But I have a couple in my family...

SnowRider

The number of snowboarders inceased from about 2 million in 1990 to more than 7 million in 2000. According to industry projections, snowboarders will outnumber skiers by 2012.

See you in 2012 when the industry has to take us as there biggest customer. Then we can outnumber the skiers and they will see how we feel.

Then we can buy our own resorts...Jay maybe...or how about Sugarloaf. Better yet buy Mad River and topple its communists leadership and attack it finacialy until the mountain crumbles by itself ;-):razz:

drjeff

I am a real muscian... Ask anyboidy who's seen me play...

Nice job... But I'm pretty comfortable with my playing..

I was going to toss in a blast about doctors... But I have a couple in my family...

I'll keep it above the belt if you choose to, but racism (even inferences)is one area I NEVER mess around with! Truce??

danny p

i still don't understand why there is so much animosity towards snowboarders from skiers....i don't think its mutual (don't think snowboarders care about skiers). I see it as peas in a pod, were all sliding on snow from the top to the bottom.....

tirolerpeter

"Freedom"

I do not have any problem with sharing a mountain with snowboarders. One of my sons and his wife are snowboarders and I love sharing a day out on the slopes with them. Unfortunately, there are people who seem to think they are "alone" on the slopes. Last week "The Canyons" opened with ONE route of man-made snow from the top to a mid-mountain lift. About half way down there was an area where boarders had improvised a "mini park" off to the side of that single trail. That was fine, since at that point the trail was relatively wide. What did create a problem was that a large group of them was sitting on the snow completely across the trail, sometimes two and three deep, requiring skiers and other "riders" to slalom around them. That is the kind of "F-You, I'm alone in the world" behavior that generates animosity among users of a trail. What was worse, their staging area was just around a turn in the trail and not very visible. I would have been equally annoyed had there been a crowd of skiers milling about in a group blocking the trail, but that was not the case.

danny p

totally agree with you peter. as a snowboarder, I get pissed when I see situations like that, because a.) they are usually in my way and b.) i know they are making a bad name for snowboarders. I personally don't think of it as "f you i;m alone" i just think they are naive to the dangerous situation they are causing. Either way it gets me mad. I have had problems with skiers standing in groups on trails as well, but the main issue is usually with snowboarders unfortunately...

campgottagopee

The number of snowboarders inceased from about 2 million in 1990 to more than 7 million in 2000. According to industry projections, snowboarders will outnumber skiers by 2012.

See you in 2012 when the industry has to take us as there biggest customer. Then we can outnumber the skiers and they will see how we feel.

Then we can buy our own resorts...Jay maybe...or how about Sugarloaf. Better yet buy Mad River and topple its communists leadership and attack it finacialy until the mountain crumbles by itself ;-):razz:

What's this we chit---you gotta mouse in your pocket????:razz:

dmc

I'm no park guy... But sitting in the park is pretty common as people wait for stuff to free up.

danny p

I'm no park guy... But sitting in the park is pretty common as people wait for stuff to free up.

yeah sitting in a designated terrain park waiting to drop is actually proper etiquette (sp.?) and is necessary for safety and i got no probs with that.

BLESS

personally, I think it's kinda funny. The fact that someone would get all up in arms about someone poaching at one of these places, is utterly ridiculous. There are a lot more serious things to worry about in todays world.

That being said, I'm a skier and am all for the mtns running the operations however they see fit.......I wouldn't have any problems with a "snowboards only" mtn.

Status
Not open for further replies.