• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 12/19/2007 (night)

MRGisevil

Yeah, I don't know if you noticed, but in the middle of that run I got kinda confused @ the flats...I kept going in every which direction trying to find a bump to go around :lol: I know... I know... I'm a sad lamb....

MRGisevil

Glad you jumped in there. You did very well. It's actually pretty easy to ski right now. If you don't want to take a direct line, you can cruise around the bumps. You will find as it continues to get skied in and as they top coat them with snowmaking, the bumps will grow and the troughs will deepen. Keep at it and hopefully your skills will mature along with the bumps!

Bah! Gunbarrel... :roll: You're a bumper now! ;)

:lol:

From the sun deck to the Temptor merge is almost identical. The initial section of Lower Nor'easter is also very similar. The part in the middle of Lower Nor'easter that is a bit flat and turns slightly left is sort of similar to last year in how the lines waver around. I know the 6-7 bump section at the bottom that you're talking about and it's not really there this year.....yet. That area needs the most work. Also, like Brian says, since the bumps extend down further, it throws your perspective off a bit. From the midpoint down on Lower Nor'easter is where the most work is needed. It did improve over the course of the night though. They need to dust them a bit more (Jarrod indicates Friday night) and they just need to be skis by some good skiers. Exhibition is very similar although it stops a bit shorter than last year. It's fun to carry speed off the Canyon Run flats and slam right into them... :lol:

Get out there! They need your help.

:lol: :lol: Thanks for the encouragement Greg :)

powhunter

Good getting out with all of you!!! Everyone was ripping pretty good....Nice meeting you Mr. Gisevil ... 2knees we missed your ass out there!!! Go get some tonight!!

steve

Greg

Staff member
IMHO those great turns after the flat section aren't there this year, not yet anyway. That last section doesn't seem as steep to me either, like they didn't build it up as much or something. As with any bumps they're a work in progress, we just need to ski em in to how we like em.. ;)

Agreed. That area seemed flatter to me to. I really struggled from the midpoint of Lower NE down. That spot needs the most massaging. I'm confident 2knees will do a good job... ;)

2knees

Get out there! They need your help.

i really wanted to last night. things got really fubar when i got home though.

notice i got up at 3:30 in the morning to check for a trip report though.

Greg

Staff member

I did. :lol: I think I was dreaming about Nor'easter around that time...

bvibert

Staff member

:eek: You could have beat me over the head with a hammer at 3:30 this morning and I wouldn't woken up. Then again if you're beating me over the head with a hammer you probably don't want me to wake up... ever...

Greg

Staff member
Then again if you're beating me over the head with a hammer you probably don't want me to wake up... ever...

Sheesh. The big man is ornery this morning. What? Are you a little tired or something... ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nice vid, Greg! So efficient, too! Brian was ready to head to bed when I saw your post that it would be up soon, so we both waited...and watched it on separate computers. :lol:

You all look like you had a blast! I'm still terrified of the idea of bumps, but intrigued as well. Maybe by the end of the season... ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Sheesh. The big man is ornery this morning. What? Are you a little tired or something... ;)

What I meant was that if someone were beating me over the head with a hammer in my sleep they are probably trying to kill me, and thus wouldn't want me to wake up... ever..

I've been so sleep deprived for the last few weeks that I don't even recognize when I'm tired anymore, well except for when I fall asleep while standing... :eek:

Greg

Staff member
Nice vid, Greg! So efficient, too! Brian was ready to head to bed when I saw your post that it would be up soon, so we both waited...and watched it on separate computers. :lol:

Thanks. I just slapped it together pretty quick. I wanted to get something up there since I figured 2knees was banging on the F5 key all night...

Greg

Staff member
I've been so sleep deprived for the last few weeks that I don't even recognize when I'm tired anymore, well except for when I fall asleep while standing... :eek:

Well, as long as you don't while skiing. That would be bad. You looked good last night, B. Miles ahead of early last season. The Head bump skis seem to be serving you well. I expect a Jonny Moseley dinner roll off one of those "kickers" by the end of the season... ;)

2knees

Well, as long as you don't while skiing. That would be bad. You looked good last night, B. Miles ahead of early last season. The Head bump skis seem to be serving you well. I expect a Jonny Moseley dinner roll off one of those "kickers" by the end of the season... ;)

B how'd you like the snake skis?

If he pulls a dinner roll, i'd expect a kick ass blaster out of you bro.

Greg

Staff member
I Emailed Chris and Jarrod to show appreciation:

jarrod@skisundown.com
chris@skisundown.com

Anyone heading over tomorrow? I'll probably be there mid afternoon sometime into the evening. Maybe 2-6 pm or 3-7pm. Something like that.

bvibert

Staff member
B how'd you like the snake skis?

If he pulls a dinner roll, i'd expect a kick ass blaster out of you bro.

I liked them, seemed to work pretty well for me! :D

I'm not exactly sure what a dinner roll even is, but unless it has something to do with the suggested BBQ this year then I wouldn't get my hopes up. ;)

I wouldn't expect a whole lot more air than what I was getting off that little bump at the end of the run, as shown in the video... I know that it was pretty sick and all, but still I don't think I really got enough air to do any tricks. ;)

Greg

Staff member
I enjoyed myself on the bumps more than I initially thought I would (somewhat surprised that trying nor'easter didn't ultimately result in a monsterous face plant) and am actually already itching to get out and try them again!

I love reading stuff like this. Bumps can be very addicting. My goal is to get Grassi fully hooked tomorrow afternoon.